|By Marketwire .||
|February 23, 2011 08:30 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/23/11 -- Meraki, the Cloud Networking company, today introduced three new products that provide greater capacity, increased security and broader reach for enterprise wireless LANs. These products extend Meraki's diverse portfolio of wireless and wired networking capabilities and deliver a complete networking solution for providing secure, reliable network access.
Meraki's three new products include:
- Meraki MR24, the industry's first cloud-managed triple-stream access point: An ultra-high performance access point (AP) with near-gigabit multi-radio capacity of 900Mb/sec.
- Meraki NAC, integrated, built in Network Access Control: one-click network security to block network access from devices with insufficient virus protection.
- Meraki Teleworker VPN, the easiest to deploy VPN solution for remote workers: Enables access to corporate resources, such as PBX phone systems and file servers, without complex configuration.
Meraki MR24: The industry's first cloud-managed triple-stream access point
The MR24, Meraki's new flagship enterprise access point, is the highest performance enterprise-class AP on the market. The MR24 is the first generally available enterprise AP to offer triple-stream, 3x3 MIMO -- a technology that concurrently uses three antennas per radio, for a total throughput of 900 Mb/s.
Independent testing by the Tolly Group measured the MR24's performance against Cisco's top of the line 3500-series access point. The Tolly Group tested both APs in over a dozen real-world configurations, and found that the MR24 consistently provided faster throughput and increased range:
- Improved speed at all ranges, up to 37 percent improved throughput
- Improved coverage and range compared to Cisco
- Higher throughput with both laptop and iPad clients
- 60 percent superior price-performance ratio
Complete results of the Tolly Group's tests are available at meraki.com.
The MR24 is available for immediate order at a list price of $1199. The MR24 is also available via Meraki's innovative Networking as a Service pricing, which eliminates up front capital costs and long-term commitments, starting at $38/month.
Meraki NAC: The Industry's First NAC Built in to a Wireless LAN
Network Access Control (NAC) solutions have existed for years as standalone systems, yet cost and complexity of integrating dedicated hardware and software has prevented widespread adoption. Meraki's NAC solution is the first NAC to be built directly into a wireless LAN, bolstering network security without adding cost or complexity:
- Blocks network access from devices with insufficient virus protection
- Deploys across the entire network with just one click
- No hardware appliance or client software
- Included with Meraki Enterprise Cloud Controller at no additional cost
Meraki NAC is available immediately to all Meraki enterprise customers.
Meraki Teleworker VPN: The Easiest to Deploy VPN Solution for Remote Workers
Meraki's new Teleworker VPN solution allows users to securely access their corporate network, including file servers, PBX phone systems, and internal applications, from any Internet-connected Meraki AP. With a virtual concentrator and cloud-based centralized management, Meraki's VPN is the easiest teleworker solution to deploy and manage. Key features include:
- Zero-touch provisioning, self-configures from the cloud
- NAC, content filtering, and policy firewall enforced at the edge
- Virtual concentrator eliminates hardware in headquarters network
- Split tunnel diverts Internet traffic from corporate network
- Compatible with any Meraki AP, with no additional licenses or fees.
Meraki's VPN solution is ideal for teleworkers, small branches, executives and mobile employees. This solution complements the Meraki MX cloud-managed router, which provides site-to-site VPN for medium-large branch offices. Meraki Teleworker VPN is available immediately on all Meraki enterprise APs at no additional cost.
Meraki is the leader in cloud networking with over 17,000 networks deployed worldwide. Meraki's cloud networking solutions combine rich enterprise features with intuitive web-based management that eliminates specialized training and certifications. Meraki is located in San Francisco, California and is funded in part by Sequoia Capital and Google. For more information, visit http://meraki.com/