|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2011 07:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/05/11 -- INTEROP 2011 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP network test solutions, will demonstrate its data center and cloud-computing testing solutions in conjunction with industry-leading vendors throughout the show floor and in its booth #1367 at Interop Las Vegas 2011. In addition, multiple speaking engagements, showcasing Ixia's test leadership, will feature Ixia expert technologists.
Ixia's prominence at Interop will focus on key innovations in several enterprise and service provider testing solutions:
- Simple, cost-effective testing for the enterprise -- Ixia will demonstrate how its new IxNetwork 6.0 test application and Xcellon-Flex 10/40GE Accelerated Performance load module allows for enterprise-level testing with affordable scaling and flexibility, click-through automation for easy test configuration, pre-packaged tests to facilitate cloud performance benchmarks, and team collaboration tools to leverage expertise.
- Complete cloud simulation and testing -- Ixia helps validate the performance of next-generation switches and routers that are key to cloud delivery. Ixia's new high-density 10GE/40GE "combo" load module and ImpairNet WAN emulation test module will demonstrate the ultra-low latency of the Force10 S4810 top-of-rack (ToR) switch in Ixia's booth. The following vendors will use Ixia equipment to demonstrate switch and router performance "in the cloud":
- Alcatel-Lucent will use Ixia solutions to demonstrate the superior performance and application delivery of its breakthrough data center switching solution in booth #1851.
- Brocade will use Ixia's market-leading HSE 100GE K2 module and the highest-density 10GE Xcellon-Flex module to showcase the 10GE and 100GE carrier-class scalability and service delivery of their cloud-optimized Brocade MLXe multiservice router in booth #833.
- Comprehensive cyber security and vulnerability testing -- Ixia helps to ensure critical application delivery, while balancing network performance with security effectiveness. Ixia's IxLoad-Attack application is a finalist in the Interop 2011 Security category.
- SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad to showcase high throughput capabilities of its clustered SuperMassive E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, achieving more than 120Gbps of application throughput. Additionally, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to demonstrate its next-generation firewall capabilities under highly-scalable and flexible attacks at its booth #851.
- Comprehensive testing for virtualized data center -- Ixia's comprehensive testing solutions for virtualized data centers validate servers and virtual machines residing in the cloud, ensuring the interoperability and security of devices, and validating quality of experiencing (QoE) across cloud services.
- Ultra-high application service delivery -- Ixia measures the capacity of elastic data centers, by validating secure communication with ultra-high-scale secure sockets layer (SSL), and verifies the extreme performance -- up to 160Gbps of application traffic, 400K SSL sessions/sec, and 20Gbps of SSL-encrypted traffic -- of networks using IxLoad and Xcellon-Ultra.
- Both Ixia and F5 Networks will stress F5's VIPRION application delivery controllers at F5 Network's booth #2027 and at Ixia's booth.
Ixia representatives will also present several lectures at the conference.
- Atul Bhatnagar, Ixia President and CEO will participate in the panel, The Path to 4G, on Thursday, May 12 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in room Lagoon L.
- Jim Smith, Ixia Vice President of Marketing, will co-present with Areg Alimian, Ixia Director of Product Management on the topic of Network Security: Ensuring that the Guards are at the Gates on Tuesday, May 10 from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in room Mandalay Bay L.
- Tara Van Unen, Ixia Sr. Manager of Market Development will co-present with Nick Lippis, The Lippis Report CEO, on Virtualize Responsibly: Best Practices for Building Data Center Clouds on Wednesday, May 11 from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. in room Mandalay Bay J. At this special session, Mr. Lippis will unveil the results of his most recent round of 10G Top-of-Rack Switch Benchmark Test -- the industry's only apples-to-apples comparison of data center switch performance benchmarks.
Ixia is a leading provider of converged IP performance test systems and service verification platforms for wireless and wired infrastructures and services. Ixia's test systems are used by network and telephony equipment manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturers, service providers, governments, and enterprises to validate the performance and reliability of complex networks, devices, and applications. Ixia's multiplay test systems address the growing need to test voice, video, and data services and network capability under real-world conditions. For more information, please go to www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.