|By Business Wire||
|May 16, 2011 05:25 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/11dd0e/201011_mobility_b) has announced the addition of Nemertes Research's new report "2010-11 Mobility Benchmark" to their offering.
Mobility is rapidly maturing, with growth in mobile budgets slowing. IT professionals are now turning their attention from merely deploying mobility to the knotty challenges of supporting a range of devices ( including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices), custom enterprise applications beyond email, calendaring and contact management, and increasingly, unifiedcommunications applications, such as presence, Web conferencing, and video.
A small but significant percentage of users are moving entirely to a mobile-only operational model, in which smartphones replace PCs entirely.
- Enterprise mobility is maturing; The dramatic increase in mobile budgets is slowing. Organizations are achieving more bang for the buck from vendors and service providers. Most organizations also have a mobility strategy a major change from a few years ago.
- Mobility success is mixed; The above notwithstanding, the success of mobility initiatives is mixed, largely because of application and device proliferation and an increase in user sophistication.
- The rise of the untethered user; A small but growing set of users relies largely or entirely on mobile devices.
- Mobile device platforms proliferate; Research In Motion's lock on the enterprise is eroding as organizations increasingly support other devices ( most commonly, Apple's iPhone).
- Applications mobilize; Organizations increasingly require support for mobility as part of their application deployments and rarely report performance issues with mobile applications.
- Research in Motion,
- Good Technology,
- enterprise mobility
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/11dd0e/201011_mobility_b