|By Marketwire .||
|August 23, 2011 06:00 AM EDT||
BEDFORD, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/23/11 -- EnterpriseDB, the leading worldwide provider of PostgreSQL and Oracle compatibility products and services, today announced general availability of Postgres Enterprise Manager. Postgres Enterprise Manager allows developers and DBA's to monitor, manage, and tune both PostgreSQL and Postgres Plus® Advanced Server installations regardless of the platform they run on -- from a single console application.
"Postgres Enterprise Manager is designed for managing large-scale PostgreSQL deployments, providing essential tools for the developer, DBA and system administrator," said Ed Boyajian, president and CEO of EnterpriseDB. "Lack of tooling like this has held back many PostgreSQL users from expanding their deployments. Now, customers can easily ramp up their PostgreSQL footprint at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives."
Postgres Enterprise Manager includes the following enterprise-class enhancements:
- Enterprise Management - Management for large PostgreSQL database installations.
- Performance Monitoring Dashboards - Show at-a-glance information on I/O, storage, memory, user and session activity, wait statistics and more.
- Alert Management - Pre-defined and custom alerts warn the user when issues or potential issues are detected.
- SQL Profiler - Allows users to pinpoint, diagnose and fix poorly performing SQL code and trace SQL statements that are executed against one or more servers.
- Postgres Expert - A "DBA-in-a-Box" helps enforce PostgreSQL best practices with expert suggestions for schema design, security, configuration parameters, and more.
- Capacity Planning and Forecasting - Capacity Manager allows reporting and provides trend analysis over time to understand peak load periods, storage consumption trends and gives the ability to customize reports including both graphs and tabular data.
"Given the amount of commercial transactions processed daily, EnterpriseDB Postgres Enterprise Manager is the perfect solution to allow centralized management of our PostgreSQL installations," said Keith Alsheimer, CEO of eSpendwise. "EnterpriseDB's products have been a critical function within our organization and we continue to rely on their enterprise-class support services to keep our databases running at exceptional performance."
"EnterpriseDB's Postgres Enterprise Manager is a must have tool for new and existing PostgreSQL enterprises," said Oscar Herrera, principal of KnowledgeSource Solutions Inc. "The predictive features of Postgres Enterprise Manager allows in-house database administrators the ability to educate themselves on how best to support their PostgreSQL clusters with little to no learning curve involved."
Postgres Enterprise Manager is available now with any database subscription from EnterpriseDB as well as in a standalone Postgres Enterprise Manager subscription. To download Postgres Enterprise Manager please visit our Postgres Enterprise Manager page for more details.
Connect with EntepriseDB
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL Company, provides enterprise-class PostgreSQL products and PostgreSQL services to help IT organizations be successful with the world's most advanced open source database. The company's Postgres Plus products are ideally suited for transaction-intensive applications requiring superior performance, massive scalability and compatibility with proprietary database products to reduce overall database costs. EnterpriseDB has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Bedford, MA. For more information, please call +1-781-357-3390, or visit www.enterprisedb.com.
EnterpriseDB, Postgres Plus and Postgres Enterprise Manager are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Email: Email Contact