|By Marketwired .||
|April 24, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Data Governance and MDM Summit, Booth #10, 24 April 2012
- Today, Kalido announced the latest release of Kalido MDM, which delivers a means to more accurately, seamlessly and easily engage business data experts in the creation, management and expansion of master data.
- Although most organizations recognize the need to have broad and deep business participation in the master data management (MDM) process, few have enabled their business participants with easy stewardship capabilities.
- The new release of Kalido:
- Improves overall quality, speed and business impacts with tools for business users to directly participate in the management process
- Delivers golden copy master data faster, as existing assets are reused and business application users contribute more directly
- Sustains a "stay-clean" data environment through operational synchronization of "clean-up" and "operationalized" master data management
- The result is a significantly more robust, model-driven MDM application that further engages the business data experts across the organization to deliver the most accurate and consistent master data to business processes.
Business-Friendly Features Bring MDM to the Business
- According to a recent Gartner Research Document [Hype Cycle for Master Data Management, 2011], [John Radcliffe, Andrew White], [July 29, 2011], "MDM applets enable business users across the organization, that are otherwise bound to legacy applications, access to qualified and governed data in the MDM hub. They are a great way to expose qualified and governed master data to remote locations, distributed or independent business users or units, that can drive value from improved decision making or process effectiveness through visibility to an organization's master data."
- This release of Kalido MDM addresses this need and expands business participation in the master data management program through:
- Direct integration into business applications through a model-driven API and callable MDM applets
- Import of existing application or data models into a business user-friendly graphical business model
- Audience-specific interfaces for data stewards, business process operators, and information consumers, providing active, role-based involvement
- Flexible interfaces for universal access from browsers, mobile devices, analytical and operational applications
- The new release of Kalido MDM will be available on April 30th.
Mark Bieler, CIO of Daymon Worldwide, said:
- "At Daymon, our business users take an active role in the creation and enrichment of master data. This new release will make it significantly easier for those experts to take part in the management of master data by using interfaces that are tailored to their respective roles."
Darren Peirce, chief technology officer at Kalido, said:
- "Most master data management applications only acknowledge one 'business' role -- that of the data steward. We find that in practice, there are actually three business roles -- that of the business data steward of course, but also the information consumer and the business application user. With this release, we provide a different, customized interface for each of those three roles."
Kalido is a leading provider of agile information management software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.
Gartner Hype Cycle
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understand...
Mar. 1, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,299
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,878
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, includin...
Mar. 1, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,417
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
Mar. 1, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,013
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of present...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,942
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applicatio...
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,374
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,166
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,390
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Feb. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,130
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Feb. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,220
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, de...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,993
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,259
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,170
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Feb. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,228
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Feb. 28, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,160