|By Marketwired .||
|April 24, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Data Governance and MDM Summit, Booth #10, 24 April 2012
- Today, Kalido announced the latest release of Kalido MDM, which delivers a means to more accurately, seamlessly and easily engage business data experts in the creation, management and expansion of master data.
- Although most organizations recognize the need to have broad and deep business participation in the master data management (MDM) process, few have enabled their business participants with easy stewardship capabilities.
- The new release of Kalido:
- Improves overall quality, speed and business impacts with tools for business users to directly participate in the management process
- Delivers golden copy master data faster, as existing assets are reused and business application users contribute more directly
- Sustains a "stay-clean" data environment through operational synchronization of "clean-up" and "operationalized" master data management
- The result is a significantly more robust, model-driven MDM application that further engages the business data experts across the organization to deliver the most accurate and consistent master data to business processes.
Business-Friendly Features Bring MDM to the Business
- According to a recent Gartner Research Document [Hype Cycle for Master Data Management, 2011], [John Radcliffe, Andrew White], [July 29, 2011], "MDM applets enable business users across the organization, that are otherwise bound to legacy applications, access to qualified and governed data in the MDM hub. They are a great way to expose qualified and governed master data to remote locations, distributed or independent business users or units, that can drive value from improved decision making or process effectiveness through visibility to an organization's master data."
- This release of Kalido MDM addresses this need and expands business participation in the master data management program through:
- Direct integration into business applications through a model-driven API and callable MDM applets
- Import of existing application or data models into a business user-friendly graphical business model
- Audience-specific interfaces for data stewards, business process operators, and information consumers, providing active, role-based involvement
- Flexible interfaces for universal access from browsers, mobile devices, analytical and operational applications
- The new release of Kalido MDM will be available on April 30th.
Mark Bieler, CIO of Daymon Worldwide, said:
- "At Daymon, our business users take an active role in the creation and enrichment of master data. This new release will make it significantly easier for those experts to take part in the management of master data by using interfaces that are tailored to their respective roles."
Darren Peirce, chief technology officer at Kalido, said:
- "Most master data management applications only acknowledge one 'business' role -- that of the data steward. We find that in practice, there are actually three business roles -- that of the business data steward of course, but also the information consumer and the business application user. With this release, we provide a different, customized interface for each of those three roles."
Kalido is a leading provider of agile information management software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.
Gartner Hype Cycle
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.