|By Business Wire||
|May 8, 2012 11:01 AM EDT||
HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc., the proven leader in Smart Water Management Solutions, today announced the release of three new industry-leading WeatherTRAK products designed to extend the company’s comprehensive offering of smart irrigation and central control products in 2012. WeatherTRAK continues to deliver the most cost-effective and easy-to-use water conservation solutions available in the market today.
The 2012 WeatherTRAK products include:
- WeatherTRAK® LC Central™: Economical, full-featured light commercial central irrigation controller.
- WeatherTRAK® WirelessFlow™: Flow management product with cost-effective installation for retrofit projects.
- WeatherTRAK Mobile™ Applications: Remote access to controllers or sites via your Smartphone, tablet or internet-enabled mobile device.
“Extending our proven weather-based smart irrigation technologies, HydroPoint’s new WeatherTRAK products immediately increase productivity and remote visibility for landscape and property management professionals,” said Mr. Christopher Spain, CEO and President for HydroPoint. “The WeatherTRAK LC Central controller, WeatherTRAK WirelessFlow, and the seamless integration of new software-as-a-solution applications automate irrigation scheduling to deliver on-demand water use data and cost-effective central control for the landscape market.”
Scalable for a single site, mid-size campus or large national property portfolio, the new WeatherTRAK products include:
Simple, complete and proven smart irrigation technology, the WeatherTRAK LC Central controller™ features 6, 12 or 18 station modular configurations and is ideal for light commercial or high end residential installations, including business parks, city medians, and small retail centers. The WeatherTRAK LC Central controller delivers optimal price performance with the added convenience of central control, achieving immediate and sustainable water bill savings.
- User-Friendly: Plug-and-play installation of the WeatherTRAK LC Central controller includes WeatherTRAK ET Everywhere™ daily hi-resolution weather service with no cumbersome onsite weather stations required.
- Two-Way Wireless Communication: Phone lines, licensed radio frequencies or cables necessary. Wireless transmission of site specific weather data to the controller’s built in transceiver enables the WeatherTRAK Scheduling Engine™ to dynamically adjust irrigation run times for each landscape zone, delivering precise amounts of water only when plants need it.
- Central Internet Management: Users gain instant access to WeatherTRAK Central Internet Management Service minutes after installation of the controller. Dashboard views and web-based or field-based programming is synchronized in real-time to generate reports and email or SMS/Text alerts for single controllers and multi controller sites or accounts.
- Immediate Time to Value: Streamlined, low-cost installation, validated water and time savings, and high performance central control applications accelerate proven project payback.
- World-Class Customer Support: Horticulture advisors, technology experts and product specialists are just a phone call, mouse-click or field visit away. The WeatherTRAK Professional Services and Support team is available in person Monday thru Saturday, six days a week, offering bilingual services. Customer resources are also available online 24/7.
Even the best irrigation systems are vulnerable to system leaks and catastrophic breaks. With WeatherTRAK WirelessFlow, property managers can now achieve the benefits of extremely accurate water use visibility, leak alerting, station-based flow management, and catastrophic mainline break management without the high cost of hardscape trenching.
- Wireless Flow Sensing and Communication: WeatherTRAK WirelessFlow technology integrates with existing WeatherTRAK controllers on any site, functioning just as reliably as a wired flow sensing connection. The controller transceiver and field transceiver use frequency-hopping, spread-spectrum digital radios to mimic wires, control the master valve, and communicate flow sensor signals up to 4,000 feet.
- Real-time Alarms and Alerts: WeatherTRAK WirelessFlow enables real-time flow and valve monitoring with diagnostic LED displays on both the controller and the field transceivers. System status alerts include individual station high flow, mainline breaks, no flow, leak detection, valve station short, and open valve detection. Immediate, automated master valve shutoff occurs if flow exceeds the programmable high flow settings.
Downloadable applications for Smartphone, iPad or Tablet reduce multiple site visits, travel time and on-site troubleshooting or diagnostics. Available in June 2012, the WeatherTRAK Mobile™ menu features:
- Anytime, Anywhere Remote Control and Manual Irrigation
- Real-Time Alerts and Centralized Dashboard
- One-Click Customer Support
“Designed with ease of use in mind, HydroPoint products consistently save our customers time, water and money,” said Spain. “24/7 remote visibility, automated site monitoring, and real-time central control applications deliver measurable value, immediate results and optimized efficiency.”
About HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc.
HydroPoint, founded in 2002, is the market and technology leader in Smart Water Management. An EPA WaterSense Partner, HydroPoint and the company’s WeatherTRAK technology uniquely deliver a multitude of financial and environmental benefits by revolutionizing management of the area of greatest waste in urban water use: landscape irrigation. Proven in 23 independent studies, including the vanguard pollution runoff study led by the EPA, the WeatherTRAK solution saves water, reduces energy demand, and protects water quality while it minimizes liability and expense exposure. In 2012 alone, subscribers including AIMCO (NYSE: AIV), Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT), and numerous federal, municipal and educational institutions will save 20 billion gallons of water, 77 million kilowatt hours and 103 million pounds of CO2. Facing water rates ranging from $2 to $6 per 1,000 gallons and related expenses due to overwatering damages ranging from $500 to $10,000 per site, companies across the U.S. have identified WeatherTRAK as the green initiative with the fastest payback. Headquartered in Petaluma, Calif., HydroPoint is privately owned and operated. For more information, visit www.hydropoint.com.
WeatherTRAK is a registered trademark of HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc.