|By Marketwired .||
|May 23, 2012 04:57 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/23/12 -- Joining the ranks of more than fifty top industry executives and world-renowned electronic dance music artists, the inaugural EDMbiz conference continues to build momentum with the solidification of additional speakers. Among the new delegates are Michael Rapino (CEO of Live Nation), Perry Farrell (founder of Lollapalooza, frontman for Jane's Addiction, and DJ/Producer), Jono Grant and Tony McGuinness from Above & Beyond, Richie Hawtin, Junkie XL, Patrick Moxey (President, Ultra Music) Glenn Mendlinger (General Manager of Astralwerks) as well as top executives from Google, You Tube, Spotify, and major labels including Interscope, Warner Bros., and EMI. These speakers join an already impressive list including Kaskade, Swedish House Mafia's Steve Angello, Marc Geiger (Head of Music, William Morris Endeavor, Paul Morris (founder and CEO of AM Only), Craig Kallman (Chairman and CEO of Atlantic Records), Joel Zimmerman (Head of Global Electronic Music, William Morris Endeavor), Skip Paige (Senior Vice President of Goldenvoice/Coachella), Stephanie LaFera (President and COO of Atom Empire), and many others (complete list below). The conference is being hosted by globally respected DJ, film music supervisor and KCRW Music Director Jason Bentely.
In addition, conference programming details are starting to emerge. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino will be the subject of a keynote "conversation with," as will Atlantic Records Chairman/CEO Craig Kallman. Kallman will be interviewed by TopSpin Media's CEO Ian Rogers and filmed for Rogers' weekly internet show "This Week in Music."
Of particular interest will be a very special one-on-one conversation between Marc Geiger and Perry Farrell. Geiger began representing Jane's Addiction 25 years ago, and together Geiger and Farrell started Lollapalooza in 1991. They will discuss topics including the evolution of festival culture and the worldwide explosion of dance music, what has given them faith in the EDM genre over the years, the guiding principles upon which they built Lollapalooza and the EDM division of William Morris Endeavor, and what it is about EDM that has inspired the creative process in their respective careers.
"We couldn't be more thrilled that Michael Rapino and Perry Farrell have joined our incredible group of speakers," said Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder of Insomniac. "Perry has been an ardent champion of electronic music dating back to Nine Inch Nails being on the first Lollapalooza, to producing the trailblazing ENIT festival in the mid-90's, through today with 'Perry's,' his personally curated EDM stage at Lollapaloozas around the world. And as CEO of the largest concert promotion company on the planet, Michael Rapino is uniquely positioned as EDM becomes more popular and expands globally. This is going to be a great conference!"
The EDMbiz conference will be held June 5-7, as part of EDC Week, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. More info can be found at www.edmbiz.com. Below is the most updated list of panelists and speakers for the conference:
- Above & Beyond's Jono Grant and Tony McGuinness
- Swedish House Mafia's Steve Angello
- Matt Adell, CEO, Beatport
- Jason Bentley, host, KCRW
- Richard Bishop, partner, Red Light Management Electronic Division
- Philip Blaine, business development and art curator, Insomniac
- David Brady, owner and president, Spin Artist Agency
- Michael Cohen, co-president, Complete Control Management
- Ted Cohen, managing partner, TAG Strategic
- Bart Cools, EVP and head of Dance Network, EMI,
- Eddie Dean, president, Pacha
- Andrew Dreskin, CEO, Ticketfly
- Donnie Estopinal, CEO, Disco Donnie Presents
- Perry Farrell, artist and founder of Lollapalooza
- Chuck Flask, talent buyer, Paxahau
- Marc Geiger, head of music, William Morris Endeavor
- Alexis Giles, new business development principal, Google
- Kevin Gimble, owner and agent, Circle Talent
- Daniel Glass, founder and president, Glassnote Entertainment
- Seth Goldstein, co-founder and chairman, Turntable.fm
- Marian Goodell, co-owner and producer, Burning Man
- Steve Goodgold, agent, Windish Agency
- Oscar Goodman, former Mayor of Las Vegas and host committee chairman, LVCVA
- Alexandra Greenberg, vice president, Mitch Schneider Organization
- Richie Hawtin, artist
- Neil Jacobson, senior vice president of A&R, Interscope Records
- Junkie XL, artist
- Craig Kallman, chairman and CEO, Atlantic Records
- Kaskade, artist
- Kevin Kusatsu, owner and senior vice president of A&R, TMWRK/Warner Bros. Records
- Stephanie LaFera, president and COO, Atom Empire
- Vivian Lewitt, content partnership director of music, YouTube
- Oliver Luckett, founder and CEO, theAudience
- Mike McGinley, COO, CitizenNet
- Glenn Mendlinger, general manager and senior vice president, Astralwerks
- Jason Miller, president - New York, Live Nation
- Polo Molina, founder, Rocketpop Management
- Paul Morris, founder and CEO, AM Only
- Patrick Moxey, president, Ultra Music
- Zev Norotsky, publisher, Elektro Magazine
- Amos Newman, head of music for visual media, William Morris Endeavor
- Skip Paige, senior vice president, Goldenvoice/Coachella
- Michael Rapino, CEO, Live Nation
- Matt Rodriguez, agent, AM Only
- Ian Rogers, CEO, TopSpin Media
- Raymond Roker, co-founder and publisher, URB Magazine and URB.com
- Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder, Insomniac
- Michael Satsky, managing partner, Provocateur
- Jake Schneider, agent, Madison House
- Michael Schneider, CEO, Mobile Roadie
- Todd Sims, CEO, Groove Tickets
- Jason Strauss, managing partner, TAO Group
- Lawrence Varva, president, Deckstar
- DA Wallach, artist in residence, Spotify
- Joel Zimmerman, head of global electronic music, William Morris Endeavor
EDMbiz is designed to facilitate relevant conversations focused on the most pertinent topics specific to the scene, including best practices, social media, technology platforms, festivals, direct-to-fan relationships, licensing, branding, sponsorships, and sustaining community, humanity and credibility during a period of massive growth. Attendees will enjoy a comprehensive schedule of creative and inspiring panel discussions, riveting keynote addresses, as well as networking events and evening entertainment. For more information on speakers and registration, please visit www.edmbiz.com.
For more information on programming, sponsorship and business development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insomniac produces innovative music festivals and events enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting and sound design, large-scale art installations, interactive circus and theatrical performances, boundary-pushing special effects and pyrotechnics and fan participation. Fan safety and the quality of our fans' experience are the company's top priorities. Insomniac's premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival, is one of the largest, most spectacular music festivals in the North America. Insomniac has produced more than 250 music events for more than 2,500,000 concertgoers in California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. Founded by Pasquale Rotella, Insomniac has been based in Los Angeles since it started in 1993.
Keep up with Insomniac announcements and news on Facebook and Twitter.