|By Marketwire .||
|August 2, 2012 12:00 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/02/12 -- BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced its second annual list of the top 10 Sacramento area-based companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $50 million in assets.
BrightScope obtains an increasing amount of its data directly from plan sponsors and record keepers, and augments these primary sources with data from publicly available sources such as the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope provides unprecedented transparency into the 401k industry.
"The BrightScope Rating was designed to show companies what they are doing right and where they can improve, while also offering individuals a deeper understanding of their plan to drive better decision-making and better visibility into how their plan stacks up to others," said Dan Weeks, founder and COO of BrightScope. "It is apparent that the Sacramento plans on this year's list have made every effort to create plans that ensure a successful retirement for their employees."
Noteworthy findings in the 2012 Top 10 Sacramento Area-Based 401k Plans list include:
- Sutter Medical Group, Inc. and California Independent System Operator Corporation keep their standing as No.1 and No. 2 on this year's list.
- Former list participants, Teichert, Inc. (previously #3), Radiological Associated of Sacramento Medical Group, Inc. (previously #4) and The McClatchy Company (previously #10) did not make a second appearance on this year's list.
- Newcomers to this year's list include the Doctors Company in 3rd place; Intel Corporation in 4th place and Franklin Resources, Inc. taking the 5th place spot.
- Decrease in rank: GenCorp, Inc. falls one spot from No. 5 to No. 6, Super Store Industries drops one rank from No. 6 to No. 7, Vision Service Plan also slips one spot from 7th to 8th and Foster's Wine Estates Americas Company moves down two positions to 10th place.
Company - Plan Name - BrightScope Rating
1. Sutter Medical Group, Inc. - Sutter Medical Group 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - 91.58
2. California Independent System Operator Corporation - California ISO Retirement Savings Benefits Plan - 87.36
3. The Doctors Company - The Doctors Management Company 401(k) Savings Plan - 80.94
4. Intel Corporation - Intel Corporation 401(k) Savings Plan - 79.41
5. Franklin Resources, Inc. - Franklin Templeton Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan - 78.41
6. GenCorp, Inc. - GenCorp Retirement Savings Plan - 77.79
7. Super Store Industries - Super Store Industries 401(k) Plan - 77.60
8. Vision Service Plan - VSP Retirement Plan - 76.80
9. SureWest Communications - SureWest KSOP - 76.33
10. Foster's Wine Estates Americas Company - Treasury Wine Estates Retirement Savings Plan - 75.16
BrightScope's 401k plan Rating was developed by BrightScope, Inc. with the help of leading academics and independent 401k fiduciaries. Analyzing more than 200 individual data points, the BrightScope Rating algorithm can calculate a single numerical score for each 401k plan in the country. The data points examined cover broad categories such as total plan cost, company generosity and investment menu quality.
BrightScope has rated nearly 50,000 401k plans, spanning more than 30 million workers and over $2 trillion in assets. Industry adoption of the BrightScope Rating will lead to more cost-effective plans, increased participation rates, higher employee satisfaction and better outcomes for the 60 million employees who depend on their 401k plan for retirement.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for more than 46,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 770,000 financial advisors and nearly 50,000 advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.
Atomic PR for BrightScope