|By Business Wire||
|August 30, 2012 09:05 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- SpeedX 3D – SpeedX 3D for Nintendo 3DS™ is a stunning tunnel racer that tests players’ skill and transports them into a trance, filled with great electronic music and hypnotic graphics. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS™ XL)
- THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® (demo version) – The THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY demo is now available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Tap and slide to the rhythm of timeless tracks from the FINAL FANTASY series while joining forces with iconic characters and facing off against memorable monsters and villains. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL)
- Toki Tori – In this Game Boy™ Color classic from 2001, you must keep a small, yellow chicken safe by avoiding monsters and traps while working out how to collect all the eggs in each level before time runs out. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL)
- AWOLNATION is Back (available Aug. 31) – Following up on the incredible stop-motion hit “Not Your Fault,” AWOLNATION returns to Nintendo Video for the 3D video premiere of their latest hit song! (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL)
Also new this week:
- Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D (Nintendo eShop)
- Escape the Virus: Shoot ’Em Up! (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)
To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadAv0y1Gn5.php
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™/Nintendo 3DS XL system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Talamantez at 213-438-8742 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.