|By Business Wire||
|August 31, 2012 05:40 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t4xrtf/u_s_military_vetr) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "U.S. Military Vetronics" to their offering.
A Retrofit Market
This research service covers vehicle electronics, or vetronics, which are found in all military vehicles. Sometimes, the term covers something as simple as a radio. Increasingly, however, it will also involve a global positioning system (GPS) input for land navigation. In tactical vehicles, these are often the radio and GPS only systems but may now involve a simplified vehicle health monitoring system. The vetronics on ground combat vehicles are much more extensive, expensive, and integrated. Systems which provide enhanced situational awareness, improved communications, and targeting account for most of the spending for combat vehicles.
Vetronics Overview - Definitions
This research service is an overview of program funding and contract activity for the DoD vetronics activities. Vetronics covers the array of electronic components that provide extended capability to the basic vehicle.
- For purposes of this research, the vetronics components are segmented into targeting and surveillance, navigation, communications, and integration segments.
- The research service forecasts do not include classified programs and budgets. A small amount of the vetronics RDT&E market information is not accessible to the public.
- Program funding is derived from the DoD 2013 budget request and includes the portions of overseas contingency operations (OCO) funding that have been designated. Contract data are based on the 2011 fiscal year.
- Vetronics systems inherent in new-build tactical ground vehicles are included if distinctly specified by program or contract or contract modification.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the areas of growth within the DoD vetronics market; what procurement will be the focus through 2017?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading drivers and restraints for the DoD vetronics market?
- What are the top programs for the DoD vetronics market?
- What technologies and services will the program budget emphasize?
- What companies are leading the vetronics research, procurement, and services market?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t4xrtf/u_s_military_vetr
Source: Frost & Sullivan