|By Business Wire||
|September 4, 2012 09:44 AM EDT||
All 40,000 products within the Oriental Trading Company assortment are now just a touch away. Oriental Trading has partnered with Revel Touch, a technology innovator in mobile commerce, to launch an iPad app that offers a media-rich, touch shopping experience. The free app is available via iTunes and allows shoppers to pinch, swipe and tap their way through the company’s unrivaled selection of party supplies, Halloween costumes, decorations, crafts, and candy – all at guaranteed lowest prices.
Just in time for Halloween, this revolutionary app takes full advantage of video, photos and other ghoulish elements to give families an interactive shopping experience when choosing costumes, decorations, party supplies and other scary items.
- A Decorate Your Own Haunted House feature allows shoppers to select and place items (in scale) on the front porch and yard of a typical home to create the perfect look. There’s even an in-app light switch to see how the house will look at night.
- An interactive runway of Halloween costumes for kids and adults provides immediate access to hundreds of dress-up choices and accessories. Zoom features allow shoppers to see every detail.
- A digital tabletop offers shoppers the ability to choose plates, cups, napkins, utensils and other items to design their party table setting just the way they want. This one-of-a-kind experience lets customers easily swap out colors, themes or individual items to get the perfect party look.
- Interactive pages bring jack-o-lanterns, giant spiders and other spooky décor to life.
- Embedded videos include decorating tips from the party experts at Oriental Trading Company to help shoppers create the perfect Halloween experience.
“Our new app is more than just a digital catalog; it is an incredible interactive experience that mixes inspiration, innovation and fun for our customers,” said Sam Taylor, CEO of Oriental Trading Company. “Thousands of exclusive products are just a quick swipe or tap away. Shoppers can easily add their selected items to the shopping cart and then place their orders – all from the portable convenience of their iPads.”
Oriental Trading Company’s new app is built using Revel Touch’s scalable and efficient “Merchandising Suite” that uses existing brand assets, photography and social content for rapid deployment and easy updates.
"Retailers like Oriental Trading Company do not want an expensive, siloed tablet app that requires separate processes, infrastructure and engineers," said Mar Hershenson, CEO of Revel Touch. "Revel Touch solves this with a scalable and efficient platform that uses existing systems and assets and extends them to new channels in a way that is much more engaging, inspiring and effective. We are very excited to work with Oriental Trading Company to show that the tablet can revolutionize the mobile shopping experience when you take full advantage of all that it has to offer.”
About Oriental Trading Company
Oriental Trading Company is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of school supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Recognized as one of the Top 50 Catalog Companies and ranked #7 among the Top 100 Online Retailers for Customer Satisfaction, Oriental Trading Company employs approximately 2,000 employees and offers more than 40,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and not-for-profit organizations. From pink flamingos, party supplies and wedding favors to holiday decorations, beading supplies and crafts, Oriental Trading Company makes the world more fun. www.orientaltrading.com
About Revel Touch
Revel Touch is a technology innovator that is defining mobile ecommerce for retailers and consumers by putting touch first in architecture and design. Revel Touch's "merchandising cloud" platform provides a lush, touch-optimized shopping experience for the tablet, whether as apps or HTML5 browser experiences, and for smartphones. The platform integrates with brands' existing ecommerce systems to quickly extend their footprint to their fastest-growing channels, and is designed from the ground up to be extremely quick and easy for a brand to deploy, update and customize. The company, which serves brands ranging from Anthropologie to Conde Nast’s Lucky Magazine to Design Within Reach is privately held with offices in Los Altos, California. For more information, please visit www.reveltouch.com
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50395487&lang=en