|By Marketwire .||
|September 5, 2012 04:18 PM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/05/12 -- The Churchill Club, Silicon Valley's premier business and technology forum, today announced both their Changing the Game conference and, a Bay Area favorite, the 2012 Churchill Awards. On September 13th, a day-long conference will begin with a series of innovative conversations presenting fresh perspectives on change and innovation. The audience will experience a variety of interactive processes for surfacing new ideas for accelerating innovation in key areas such as energy, education and mobility.
That evening, the Churchill Awards will be presented to four inspiring honorees. The purpose of "The Churchills" is to inspire others by highlighting excellence in innovation, leadership, collaboration, and societal benefit.
Conference: Changing the Game 2012
Speakers will include:
- Dave Blakely, Senior Director of Technology Strategy, IDEO
- Esther Dyson, Chairman, EDventure Holdings
- John Hagel III, Co-chairman, Deloitte LLP Center for the Edge
- Jonathan Heiliger, General Partner, North Bridge
- Salim Ismail, Founding Executive Director; Singularity University; Parallel Entrepreneur
- Naveen Jain, CEO, inome
- Rich Karlgaard, Publisher, Forbes Magazine
- Avery Lyford, Managing Director, Propell Solutions
- Michael Malone, Veteran Silicon Valley Journalist, Author, and Television Host
- Michael Moon, Director, The Moon Agency
- Geoffrey Moore, Author, Speaker, Advisor; Managing Director, Geoffrey Moore Consulting
- Laura D. Tyson, S.K. and Angela Chan Chair in Global Management, Haas Business and Public Policy Group
- Dick Williams, President, Shell WindEnergy
Special Event: Churchill Awards 2012
Honorees and speakers include:
- Geoffrey Moore (Master of Ceremonies), Author, Speaker, Advisor
- SpaceX (Game Changer Honoree), accepted by Steve Jurvetson, SpaceX Board Member and Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Vinod Khosla (Legendary Leader Honoree), Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Box (Magical Team Honoree), accepted by co-founders Aaron Levie, CEO, & Dylan Smith, CFO
- Hasso Plattner (Global Benefactor Honoree), Co-Founder & Chairman, SAP AG. Dr. Plattner will be interviewed by Scott McNealy, Chairman, Wayin; former Chairman & CEO, Sun Microsystems
- Conference registration and continental breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
- Conference program: 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 12:00 p.m.
- Cocktail reception: 4:30 p.m.
Churchill Awards 2012
- Awards registration & reception: 5:30 p.m.
- Banquet: 6:00 p.m.
- Awards program & ceremony: 7:00 p.m.
- Program concludes: 8:45 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
To register for the conference or for more detail on the schedule, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1997738289?ref=ebtnebregn.
To register for the awards ceremony or for more detail on the schedule, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4086083586?ref=ebtnebregn.
Major sponsors of the September 13th events include Shell, KPMG, IDEO, Accenture, SAP, Nair & Co., and SRI International. Other major participants include GameDesk and Singularity University.
For updated event schedule information check out Churchill Club's related links:
About Churchill Club:
Churchill Club is Silicon Valley's premier business and technology forum. The 7,000-member, 26-year-old, 501(c)(3) non-profit has earned its international reputation for dynamic, in-the-news programs where global business and thought leaders meet to discuss and debate, inform and educate, forecast and evaluate. The organization presents up to 40 programs each year in support of innovation, economic growth, and societal benefit, with an emphasis on actionable takeaways and insights. Past speakers include founders and executives of major companies such as Google CEO Larry Page, Intuit Chairman Bill Campbell, Xerox CEO Ursula Burns, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Shell CEO Peter Voser, Nissan-Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, and Oracle CEO Larry Ellison; prominent investors such as John Doerr, Vinod Khosla, Roger McNamee, Marc Andreessen, and Ron Conway; and government and other leaders such as former U.S. presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, filmmaker James Cameron, and Hollywood talent über-agent Ari Emanuel. Further information about Churchill Club can be found at www.churchillclub.org.
Mary Ellen Ynes