|By Business Wire||
|September 6, 2012 07:26 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zxh6lz/smartphone_futures) has announced the addition of the "Smartphone Futures 2012-2016" report to their offering.
The smartphone business has been the single biggest revenue-generating growth-story over the last 4 years as the rest of the tech sector suffers amid this seemingly endless recession. Subscriber growth has slowed dramatically in saturated markets, voice and text have reach commodity pricing and margins are constantly squeezed hard under consumer pressure, yet around the world the appetite for new smartphones continues to gain pace.
Continuing to redefine the handset business, smartphones are fast becoming the device of choice for hundreds of millions of consumers, and 2012 is the year that worldwide smartphone shipments will top half a billion in one year. In this report you will learn that smartphone shipments reached 485 million in 2011, and that number will top 655 million in 2012, rising to over 1 billion smartphones per year by 2016.
The mobile handset industry is a $241 Billion USD business, and with that kind of revenue flow the question is, can you afford NOT to be a part of this boom?
Key Features of this report:
- Full handset and smartphone shipments forecast at worldwide and regional level
- Helpful regional analysis of vendor market share
- Understand vendor positioning and vendor SWOT analysis
- Examine shifting strengths among the major smartphone vendors - as Samsung have become the #1 player, while Nokia and RIM, who dominated just 3 years ago, have lost considerable market share
- Study regional OS market share
- Analysis of OS popularity in key country markets - including The US, UK, Australia, India and The Philippines
- App store positioning - profiles cover Apple App Store, BB App World, Nokia Ovi Store, Android Market, Windows Marketplace and AT&T App Centre
- Understand shifting trends in handset ASP
- All the essential data you need for your presentations, market planning and market forecasting are contained in this detailed report
More Reasons to Buy:
- Detailed analysis of the booming smartphone market
- Comprehensive market forecasts - handset shipments, smartphone shipments, mobile subscriber growth, handset revenues, regional breakouts, OS market share and much more
- Extensive vendor profiles covering Samsung, Apple, Nokia, RIM, HTC, Motorola and Sony
- Essential market data for your business plans and presentations
- Access to previous editions of this best-selling market report
- Comprehensive analysis of the smartphone market and the growth that still lies ahead
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zxh6lz/smartphone_futures