|By Business Wire||
|September 10, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems Inc. AIS, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of economical, network efficient, thermally efficient, and reliable industrial touch panel computers using the Intel Atom platform with 10 and 15 inch display sizes. The industrial thin client touch panel computers are designed with Intel Atom Processor D2550 (1M Cache, 1.86 GHz), low power consumption (Max TDP 10W), rich I/O portfolio, ruggedized front bezel, IP 65 protection class rating and high shock and vibration resistance components engineered to withstand harsh factory and environmental conditions. The 10” and 15” touch panel computers are value products that are a cost effective choice especially for limited budgets.
Low Power and Thermally Efficient
AIS offers Intel embedded processor-based panel PC systems as an open platform in developing Human Machine Interface (HMI) and visualization solutions. AIS industrial embedded panel PCs are designed to increase performance, provide real-time connectivity and interactive touch screen functionality for the Industrial Automation and Process Control industries.
3D Machine Vision System
To minimize HMI development efforts, designers want to develop scalable systems that can be easily upgraded as performance expectations increase. Plant managers and control engineers are looking for architecture that enables low cost, and small form factor configurations with a minimum number of components. Responding to these escalating requirements, AIS’ next generation Dual-Core Intel Atom processor-based platforms offer improved performance and lower power consumption along with improved graphics utilizing a dedicated media engine and enhanced 3D performance machine vision.
AIS industrial touch panel PCs powered by Microsoft Windows embedded standard operating systems promote economic deployment of HMI solutions in manufacturing environments. HMI terminals feature visual computing interfaces with the performance and reliability for industrial automation and control systems. The dynamic visualization of AIS HMI panel PCs also provide stable real-time operating system support, increased processing performance and a wide range of network and communication interfaces, along with a rugged compact size and energy-efficient design.
AIS industrial touch panel computers easily integrate into existing Ethernet and TCP/ IP installations which engineers use in monitoring and controlling mission-critical processes; thereby allowing operators to see desktop quality graphics and real-time updates of processes in a web browser from anywhere in the world. By gaining timely access to key performance indicators (KPIs), decision makers are able to make business decisions from real time information. Information convergence between manufacturing and business systems within an enterprise allows greater business agility and opportunities for innovation.
Easy Installation and Communications with Interface Connectivity
- Built-in RS-232/ RS-422/ RS-485, DB25 interfaces for PLC and other controller communications
- Built-in Ethernet 100/1000 Mbps, RJ45 interface for transfer screen data and PLC and other controller communications
- Built-in USB interface for transferring historical data, transferring alarm, uploading firmware and application, and connecting the keyboard, mouse and printer
- Built-in sound input and output (microphone in and speaker out)
Low Price High Performance for Limited Budgets
- 10.1 inch touch panel computer: 1024 x 600, Intel Atom Processor D2550 (1M Cache, 1.86 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 1 x RS-232 COM port, 1 x RS-232/422/485 COM port, 2 x RJ-45 for 10/100Mbps LAN, 2 x USB, resistive touch screen, 12V DC, IP 65 Front, IP20 housing and terminals, FCC and CE standards: VAR and SI starting price at $699
- 15 inch touch panel computer: 1024 x 768, Intel Atom Processor D2550 (1M Cache, 1.86 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 3 x RS-232 COM port, 1 x RS-232/422/485 COM port, 2 x RJ-45 for 10/100Mbps LAN, 4 x USB, 2 x PS/2 KB / Mouse, resistive touch screen, 12V DC, IP65 Front, IP20 housing and terminals, FCC and CE standards: VAR and SI starting price at $799
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty industrial panel pc and industrial display solutions for customers in the Building Automation, Chemical and Petrochemical, Food and Beverage, Oil and Gas, Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, Pulp and Paper, Solar Power, Utilities, Water and Waste Water, Wind Power markets. AIS specialize in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. Whether your vision involves off-the-shelf displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS can supply the experience, technology, and resources needed in building it right and getting you to market first. For additional information on AIS products and services, please call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.