|By PR Newswire||
|September 10, 2012 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Patrick Pelata has joined the company as executive vice president and chief automotive officer. Pelata is responsible for leading salesforce.com's strategy for delivering social and mobile cloud technologies to the automotive industry.
Pelata joins salesforce.com with 28 years of leadership experience driving product and management innovation in the global automotive industry, both at Nissan in Japan, and at Renault in France. He served as chief operating officer of Renault and most recently led a Renault-Nissan 'connected cars' initiative.
Comments on the news:
- "The social revolution has created an incredible opportunity for the automotive industry to build even tighter connections with their customers through next-generation connected cars," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "The future of the automotive industry is social, and I can't think of a better executive than Patrick to lead salesforce.com's automotive strategy."
- "I am excited to join what Forbes has acknowledged to be the world's most innovative company," said Patrick Pelata, EVP and chief automotive officer, salesforce.com. "Salesforce.com has a tremendous opportunity to be a strategic partner with the automotive industry as it transforms how it connects with employees, customers, partners – and even with its own cars! It's an exciting time to be here!"
Background on Patrick Pelata:
- Prior to joining salesforce.com, Pelata served in multiple leadership positions at Renault and Nissan. When the Renault-Nissan Alliance was formed in 1999, he was, with Carlos Ghosn, one of the three executives sent by Renault to help revive Nissan. As EVP of product, design and strategy, working closely with the American and Asian markets, Pelata was one of the architects of the revival of the Nissan and Infiniti products and brands. In addition, he led the European region at Nissan.
- At Renault, Pelata drove the expansion for emerging markets as well as the electric vehicle (EV) product strategy. And, as COO, he led global operations throughout the 2008-2009 financial crisis.
- He graduated as an engineer from Ecole Polytechnique and Ecole des Ponts in Paris and earned a PhD in socio-economics.
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work, and innovate.
- Grow your business with the world's #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
- Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Rypple
- Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.