|By JCN Newswire||
|September 10, 2012 11:25 PM EDT||
"DENSO considers Indonesia to be a growing market in Asia," said Akio Shikamura, senior executive director of DENSO's Thermal Systems Business Group. "By expanding production capacity, DENSO will increase its production ratio in the country, better serve its customers, and contribute to the Indonesian economy in terms of investment and employment."
DENSO has been doing business in Indonesia for nearly 40 years since establishing PT. DENSO INDONESIA in 1975. Currently, DENSO produces automotive air-conditioning systems, radiators, spark plugs, filters, and other products at two plants, Sunter Plant and Bekasi Plant. The new plant will be DENSO's third plant in the country.
Profile of new plant
1. Name: PT. DENSO INDONESIA Fajar Plant (Tentative name)
2. Location: Bekasi District, West Java Province, Indonesia
3. Investment: Approx. 1,040 billion rupiah (approx. US$110 million*)
4. Employees: Approx. 1,300 (planned for March 2016)
5. Site area: 200,000 m2
6. Floor area: 24,000 m2
7. Business: Manf. ECUs, VCT systems, starters, and alternators
Overview of PT. DENSO INDONESIA
1. Name: PT. DENSO INDONESIA
2. Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
3. President: Yutaka Yamanouchi
4. Established: May 1975
5. Capital: 2,345 million rupiah (approx. US$0.2 million*)
6. Ownership: 68.3% owned by DENSO INTERNATIONAL ASIA PTE. LTD.,
25.7% by P.T. ASTRA OTOPARTS,
6% by Toyota Tsusho Corporation
7. Sales: Approx. 4,557 billion rupiah (approx. US$481.2 million*
8. Employees: Approx. 2,600 (as of March 2012)
9. Business: Manufacturing automotive air-conditioning systems,
radiators, spark plugs, and filters
* Exchange rate used is 9469.88 Indonesia Rupiah to the US one dollar at the end of August 2012 for convenience only.
About DENSO in Indonesia
DENSO currently conducts business in Indonesia through its two local companies with approximately 2,750 employees: PT. DENSO INDONESIA which manufactures automotive air-conditioning systems, radiators, spark plugs, filters, and other products, and PT. DENSO SALES INDONESIA which sells these products.
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electric, electronics and information and safety. Its customers include all the world's major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 35 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs over 120,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012, totaled US$38.4 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.5 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com, or visit our media website at www.densomediacenter.com.
Sadayoshi Yokoyama, Goro Kanemasu DENSO CORPORATION Phone: 81-566-25-5594 Fax: 81-566-25-4509 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net