|By PR Newswire||
|September 11, 2012 02:09 AM EDT||
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Sept. 11, 2012 - IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones Sociedad Anonima (NYSE: IRS; BASE: IRSA), the leading real estate company in Argentina, announces its results for the FY 2012 Ended June 30, 2012
- During this fiscal year our business lines posted highly satisfactory results. The Company's EBITDA rose by 20.6% compared to 2011, mainly explained by the Shopping Centers and Offices segments.
- Net income for the fiscal year was Ps. 280.1 million, in line with the previous fiscal year.
- Shopping centers ended the year with a 28.3% increase in sales as compared to 2011 and a portfolio occupancy rate of 98.4%. EBITDA from this segment grew 33.1% and the EBITDA/revenue margin reached 79%.
- During this fiscal year we purchased 50% of the company Nuevo Puerto Santa Fe, owner of La Ribera shopping center in a plot of land held under concession. In addition, in December 2011 we started developing our "Arcos" project located in the neighborhood of Palermo, in the City of Buenos Aires.
- The Offices business saw its EBITDA rise by 21.3% as compared to 2011 mainly due to a higher portfolio occupancy rate, which increased from 91% to 98%.
- As concerns our Sales and Developments segment, during this year we sold the Yacht V and VI office building located in Dock I, Puerto Madero, the land reserve Thames 1868 in San Justo, the "Palacio Alcorta" commercial property, and 50% of the stock capital of Quality Invest S.A., owner of the Nobleza Piccardo industrial plant. In all cases, we obtained very good results from the sale of these assets as compared to their book values.
- Our interest in Banco Hipotecario has had a favorable impact on our results, contributing income for ARS 105.0 million during this fiscal year, an increase of 37% as compared to the previous fiscal year, mainly due to an improvement in the bank's financial margin.
- During this year we entered into an agreement with Supertel Hospitality Inc whereby we acquired 3,000,000 convertible preferred shares, including an investment of approximately USD 20 million made by IRSA. Supertel is a Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the Nasdaq under the symbol "SPPR", focused on medium-class and long-stay hotels in 23 states of the United States of America.
- During this fiscal year we issued ARS 300 million in the local market, which we used to restructure short-term debt maturities.
- Finally, during fiscal year 2012 we paid cash dividends to our shareholders in two opportunities for a total amount of Ps. 310.6 million.
Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Highlights
(In thousands of Argentine Pesos)
Ended June 30, 2011
Net Income (Loss)
Net Income per GDS
Total Current Assets
Total Non Current Assets
Total Current Liabilities
Total Non Current Liabilities
IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones S.A. (NYSE: IRS, BASE: IRSA) is Argentina's largest, most well-diversified real estate company, and it is the only company in the industry whose shares are listed on both the Bolsa de Comercio de Buenos Aires and The New York Stock Exchange. Through its subsidiaries, IRSA manages an expanding top portfolio of shopping centers and office buildings, primarily in Buenos Aires. The company also develops residential subdivisions and apartments (specializing in high-rises and loft-style conversions) and owns three luxury hotels. Its solid, diversified portfolio of properties has established the Company as the leader in the sector in which it participates, making it the best vehicle to access the Argentine real estate market. Additionally, IRSA owns a stake in Banco Hipotecario, Argentina's largest mortgage supplier in the country.
A LONGER VERSION OF THIS PRESS RELEASE WITH DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE: WWW.IRSA.COM.AR
IRSA cordially invites you to participate in its FY 2012 Results Conference Call on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10:00 hs Eastern Time
To participate, please call:
888 – 734 - 0544 If you are in the US or
+1 - 706 - 758 - 3363 for international calls
To access the webcast, click on the link below: http://webcast.mzvaluemonitor.com/Home/Login/404
SOURCE IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones Sociedad Anonima
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:45 PM EST Reads: 736
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 784
Software-driven innovation is becoming a primary approach to how businesses create and deliver new value to customers. A survey of 400 business and IT executives by the IBM Institute for Business Value showed businesses that are more effective at software delivery are also more profitable than their peers nearly 70 percent of the time (1). DevOps provides a way for businesses to remain competitive, applying lean and agile principles to software development to speed the delivery of software that ...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,386
Docker offers a new, lightweight approach to application portability. Applications are shipped using a common container format and managed with a high-level API. Their processes run within isolated namespaces that abstract the operating environment independently of the distribution, versions, network setup, and other details of this environment. This "containerization" has often been nicknamed "the new virtualization." But containers are more than lightweight virtual machines. Beyond their small...
Nov. 22, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,028
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,069
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 947
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,313
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,227
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,201
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,305
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,231
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,244
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,186