|By PR Newswire||
|September 12, 2012 06:00 AM EDT||
MIAMI, Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Manny Gaunaurd, president of IMUSA, a leading housewares brand, today announced the availability of the first at-home Empanada Maker. "It makes sense to debut this exciting product during Hispanic Heritage Month, a national holiday that celebrates Latin cuisine, culture and citizenry."
Gaunaurd predicts that empanadas are the next huge food trend. "The culture that brought us salsa, tortillas and wraps, quesadillas, guacamole, fajitas, tacos, and tequila will again influence what we eat. The portable and versatile empanada is omnipresent street food throughout Latin America. It has the potential to be as popular in the U.S. as tacos and wraps," Gaunaurd says.
Gaunaurd's prediction for empanadas is underway:
- The number of empanada stands and restaurants nationwide has increased dramatically,
- Star-chef Bobby Flay has already televised a throw-down empanada-making competition,
- Empanadas transcend street carts and are landing on restaurant menus, lunch boxes, and with the debut of IMUSA's Empanada Maker, now at home,
- Whether they're called tapas, hor d'oeuvres, small plates, or appetizers, smaller-sized portions and ethnic street food is increasingly popular. They are inexpensive, portable and made for sharing.
- The appeal of empanadas is international. Almost every nationality has its own empanada concept. The English call them pasties. In the Caribbean they are called pastelitos. The Italians have the calzone, the Russians have pelmeni, the Indians have somosas, Chinese their dumplings, and potstickers.
- Without need for oil or butter, IMUSA's Empanada Maker presses and perfectly bakes this delicious turnover. Non-stick cooking plates enable easy cleaning. Also featured are auto-lock clips and "ready" lights. Should it ever be put away, it offers upright storage and cord wrap features to fit neatly and conveniently into a cabinet. MSRP $ 39.99 at Macy's.
IMUSA debuts the first at-home Empanada Maker:
From sweet to savory, IMUSA's Chef Team created 11 new recipes featured in the Product Manual & Recipe Booklet included with the Empanada Maker. Exclusive recipes vary from a 'chorizo & ham empanada with ranch cilantro dipping sauce' to a dessert-style 'banana-nutella empanada.' Visit imusausa.com for more exciting recipes.
IMUSA is a leading ethnic housewares brand with deep roots in Latin America and the United States that offers hundreds of affordable housewares products including gadgets, cookware, appliances, cleaning, food storage, espresso, and ethnic specialty items. IMUSA quality has been tested and handed down by homemakers who have been cooking for their families for more than 70 years. Please visit imusausa.com
MEDIA: Please visit: imusaeditorialsite.com
Contact: Lauren Peck, 312/589-1090, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.