|By PR Newswire||
|September 12, 2012 06:39 PM EDT||
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In preparation for the upcoming 2013 30th Anniversary of the internationally beloved television series Fraggle Rock™, The Jim Henson Company revealed today the winning designs of the Fraggle Rock Talenthouse contest. Selected from a deluge of fan submissions, the ten winning designs will be available to create custom products exclusively on CafePress. To view the winning submissions and create your custom products visit http://shop.cafepress.com/fragglerock. In advance of the holiday season, the winning designs will be available for 30 days and will return again in April 2013 as part of a selection of merchandise offered only to commemorate 30 years of Fraggle fun.
"The response from partners and licensees has been incredible and we are actively reviewing potential opportunities for the Dance Your Cares Away celebration," said Melissa Segal, Senior Vice President, Global consumer Products for The Jim Henson Company." She added, "We are continuing to look for exciting brands that share our love of the Fraggle Rock property and want to join in the festivities."
As announced earlier, The Jim Henson Company is teaming up with 30 trendsetting brands, designers, and artists for the Dance Your Cares Away celebration. New partners to be included in this collaboration include the following:
- The Spare Room, a gaming parlor and cocktail lounge at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, has teamed up with The Jim Henson Company to host a special Fraggle Rock event in late April 2013. Featuring Fraggle-inspired drinks, games, and live musical performances, the event will kick off the celebration of the Fraggle Rock 30th Anniversary. The Spare Room co-creators Marc Rose and Med Abrous will also design a line of custom game sets in honor of the anniversary, including a limited edition set of Fraggle Rock playing cards.
- Celebrity sculptor Greg Ortiz will introduce a limited edition collectable figurine featuring Red Fraggle. For over 20 years, Ortiz LLC has produced high end sculpts for Walt Disney World, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Disneyanna.
- Bigpoint, Europe's leading online-game developer, publisher and content provider for more than 1,000 global distribution partners, will incorporate Fraggle Rock as special premium virtual items into Farmerama. Since Farmerama's launch in 2010, more than 40 million gamers have begun a virtual life on the farm to cultivate crops, sell animals and plant trees. Bigpoint's games are based on the free-to-play model and are played by over 280 million registered users. The company's portfolio includes games for browser, mobile and social platforms.
- Jumpin Jammerz, a very creative and original pajama company, will create a junior to adult footed pajama line, targeting the pop-culture 19-35 year old market.
- Manhattan Toy will create new and loveable products featuring Fraggle Rock characters including the Doozers. They will also continue to offer the existing range of plush toys, puppets, and plush keychain items for US, Canada, UK and Europe distribution.
FRAGGLE ROCK Synopsis
Created by Jim Henson, Fraggle Rock stars a cast of five puppet creatures called Fraggles, diverse and quirky cave-dwelling creatures who live in an underground world alongside their hard working green neighbors, the Doozers and a family of enormous Gorgs. The three very diverse but yet surprisingly similar communities learn to live and work in harmony with music, fun and adventures.
Premiering in 1983, Fraggle Rock was seen in 80 countries in at least ten different languages. Fraggle Rock continues to enjoy a loyal international fan following. In its 96 episodes, the show encouraged an understanding and embracing of friendship and diversity and featured a unique mix of music from all genres from folk, blues, gospel, country and rock.
About The Jim Henson Company:
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 50 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world famous Muppets, Henson has received over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards. Recent credits include the Emmy® nominated "Sid the Science Kid," and "Dinosaur Train" as well as "Wilson & Ditch: Digging America" and "Pajanimals." Features include "The Dark Crystal," "Labyrinth," "MirrorMask," and "Unstable Fables" and television productions include "Fraggle Rock" and the sci-fi cult series "Farscape."
With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot, complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. Independently owned and operated by the five adult children of founder Jim Henson, the Company is also home to Jim Henson's Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building and visual effects group with international film, television and advertising clients, as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry's top recording facilities known for its world-class blend of state-of-the-art and vintage equipment. The Company's Henson Alternative brand has recently launched the national tour of "Stuffed and Unstrung," a live puppet improvisational show named one of the top 10 "Best Stage Shows of 2010" by Entertainment Weekly. henson.com; join us on facebook.com/hensoncompany; and follow us at twitter.com/hensonparents
Talenthouse is the most influential online community of artists and creators, bringing aspiring talent and industry icons together to cultivate conversations and campaigns across the web. Artists always keep ownership of their own work using Talenthouse as a platform to make the connections that drive their careers forward. Brands and advertisers use our Sponsored Engagement Engine (SEE) to work with artists and leverage their influence across the social web. It's at Talenthouse that artists and brands engage to build an authentic community that rewards creativity and unlocks the value of collaboration. Talenthouse.com
About CafePress [PRSS]
CafePress is The World's Customization Engine™. Launched in 1999, CafePress empowers individuals, groups, businesses and organizations to create, buy and sell customized and personalized products online using the company's innovative and proprietary print-on-demand services and e-commerce platform. Today, CafePress' portfolio of e-commerce websites include CafePress.com, CanvasOnDemand.com, GreatBigCanvas.com, Imagekind.com, InvitationBox.com, and Logosportswear.com.
SOURCE The Jim Henson Company