|By PR Newswire||
|September 17, 2012 11:07 AM EDT||
BUFFALO, N.Y., Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- M&T Bank customers now have easier access to bank account information and greater control of their finances through a dozen, new customizable alerts.
Web banking customers can now receive text messages, emails and notifications through the M&T Bank mobile app to stay up to date on account information and check card activity.
Customers can personalize their banking service and have the following information sent through the new alerts:
- Be alerted of low or high account balances as determined by the customer
- Know when a large withdrawal or deposit has been posted to an account. Customers set the dollar amount triggering an alert
- Stay on top of account balances with daily or weekly available balance updates
- Be alerted when a specific check, or range of checks, clears an account
- Monitor for suspicious activity or when a M&T Visa Check Card PIN is changed
- Be notified when transactions through an M&T Visa Check Card are approved or declined
- Know when purchases are made on an M&T Visa Check Card without the card being presented to a retailer, for example, when the card was used to make purchases online or on the phone
Additionally, you can:
- Set a "Do Not Disturb" time in which M&T will not send text alerts
- Set up one or two different mobile numbers for alerts delivery
All alerts are free from M&T Bank, although text messaging charges from a customer's cell phone carrier may apply.
Once an alert is received, customers can quickly make needed adjustments to their M&T Bank accounts—such as transferring funds between accounts and viewing recent transactions—through the bank's mobile application for iPhone® or use their mobile browser to go to mtb.com and log on to mobile banking. Alert activity can be accessed for up to 90 days in web banking or 30 days in mobile banking.
"Our customers have told us how important online tools are to manage their finances and our new alerts gives them more direct control of their finances right at their fingertips,," said Mike Shryne, senior vice president for alternative banking at M&T. "We believe that empowering our customers by giving them options and convenience is consistent with M&T's commitment to understanding what's important to our customers."
Customers can sign up to receive customized alerts through the M&T's web banking site, calling the bank's customer service phone line or at a local branch. Mobile alerts are free to all M&T Bank customers.
About M&T Bank
M&T Bank was founded in Buffalo, New York in 1856, and is one of the top 20 independent commercial bank holding companies in the U.S. With $80 billion in assets and more than 750 branch offices in New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia, the company provides customers a full range of banking products and services, including free checking and savings accounts. For more information, visit http://www.mtb.com.
Delaware: Megen Morris (302) 651-1462
Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C.: Philip Hosmer (410) 949-3042
New York: Chet Bridger (716) 842-5182
SOURCE M&T Bank