|By Business Wire||
|September 18, 2012 07:45 AM EDT||
Active Endpoints today announced Plymouth Rock Energy has deployed Cloud Extend via salesforce.com’s AppExchange to accelerate its ability to connect with customers in entirely new ways and radically improve call center efficiency. Cloud Extend empowers business users to create their own wizards to streamline and simplify sales and customer support tasks directly in Salesforce — with no coding or IT support needed — on a smartphone, tablet or desktop. The announcement was made today at salesforce.com’s Dreamforce 2012 in San Francisco. Active Endpoints will be in booth 1540 in the Dreamforce Expo.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world’s leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, Cloud Extend for Salesforce is currently available on the AppExchange at http://ow.ly/6fRLt.
Plymouth Rock Energy’s CIO and Dreamforce 2012 speaker, Jonathan Adlerstein, built a Cloud Extend wizard for the company’s call center to automate the resolution of outstanding billing issues and redefine how Plymouth Rock Energy connects with its customers. The initial wizard was created in just two hours and implemented within a few days. The impact on agent productivity was instant, and it reduced customer call waiting times.
Comments on the News
- “Plymouth Rock Energy’s ROI using Cloud Extend to streamline navigation and automate routine tasks in Salesforce is off the charts,” said Mark Taber, CEO, Active Endpoints. “It is proof that the key to ensuring great customer service is providing a process design environment that is so simple that customer care experts, not developers, can use it to create exactly what they need.”
- “The benefits we’ve achieved using Cloud Extend are outstanding. It has energized our implementation so that we could reach full power (pun intended),” said Jonathan Adlerstein, CIO, Plymouth Rock Energy. “In my breakout session, ‘Service Cloud: One Version of the Truth – Automating Complex Processes on Force.com,’ I look forward to sharing how Cloud Extend has given us the ability to simplify very complex processes and increased our productivity and customer satisfaction while giving our business the tools it requires to continue our strong growth.”
- “Companies around the globe are looking to transform their business for the social revolution,” said Ron Huddleston, senior vice president, ISV & Channel, salesforce.com. “Partners such as Active Endpoints are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to help customers like Plymouth Rock Energy dramatically change how they connect with customers to drive growth.”
Cloud Extend offers a customizable, step-by-step approach to guiding users through application activities, including qualifying leads, identifying cross-selling opportunities and performing routine tasks throughout the lead-to-close sales and customer service lifecycle. Rather than overwhelm users with an interface that displays every available field and function regardless of its relevance to the task at hand, Cloud Extend lets users break tasks into individual steps, so users only see the items they deem relevant to the step being completed.
Launched in July 2012, Cloud Extend Mobile takes simplicity even further with its fusion of voice-to-text and touch capabilities. Cloud Extend Mobile lets users build wizards that are optimized for smartphone screens and use both voice and touch to enter information. The dual input method reflects the advantages voice brings to free-form text entry, as well as its limitations for data that could be entered more quickly by tapping on-screen options, such as icons, pick lists and check boxes. With their attention focused on what is immediately relevant, users get tasks done faster, with more accuracy and consistency.
Dreamforce 2012 is the industry’s largest cloud computing and enterprise technology event, welcoming more than 70,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group; Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric; Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State; Tony Robbins, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist; and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways, under one roof.
- Register for Dreamforce: www.dreamforce.com
- Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
- Follow @Dreamforce on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamforce
- Become a fan of Active Endpoints: http://www.facebook.com/activeendpoints
- Follow Active Endpoints on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cloudextend
About the Salesforce Platform and the AppExchange
The Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 2.3 million custom apps built by customers and more than 1,600 apps developed by partners in its ecosystem. Social apps for business built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com’s AppExchange.
About Active Endpoints
Active Endpoints, Inc. delivers a unique suite of cloud-based and on-premise process automation products and related services to develop, integrate and deploy custom applications quickly and easily. The company’s products — Cloud Extend, ActiveVOS Enterprise and ActiveVOS Service Provider Edition — target domain experts, IT project teams, business process outsourcers and cloud service providers. The company has hundreds of customers worldwide from large enterprises to SMBs, spanning multiple industries such as telecommunications, government, financial services, and media and entertainment. Active Endpoints is headquartered in Waltham, MA with development facilities in Shelton, CT.
Salesforce, Dreamforce, AppExchange and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Cloud Extend is a trademark of Active Endpoints, Inc. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: Active Endpoints, Cloud Extend, Salesforce, salesforce.com, Plymouth Rock Energy, Dreamforce, AppExchange, Active VOS, CRM, sales management, sales managers, sales consultants, sales operations, product marketing, SMB, Software-as-a-Service, SaaS, mobile, iPad, iPhone, Android, cloud