|By Business Wire||
|September 21, 2012 04:30 PM EDT||
Please replace the release dated September 17, 2012 with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions. Please note: The Best Authority product for creating a Table of Authorities is owned by Levit & James Inc.
The corrected release reads:
LEXISNEXIS TIME MATTERS, LEXISNEXIS LEGAL NEWS AND BEST AUTHORITY WIN NEW YORK LAW JOURNAL READER RANKINGS
Six Solutions Honored Overall by New York Legal Professionals
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com), a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced that LexisNexis® Time Matters®, LexisNexis® Legal News and Levit & James Inc.’s Best Authority each won their respective categories in the recently released New York Law Journal Reader Rankings.
Voted on by readers of the New York Law Journal, LexisNexis Legal News was named the Best Legal News & Information App. Time Matters received top honors in the Best Docket Management Software category, as well as placing among the top three solutions in the Best Case Management Software, Best Docketing & Calendaring Software and Best Time & Billing Software categories. Best Authority was named Best Tables of Authority Software.
- LexisNexis Time Matters (www.timematters.com) is a flexible practice management application for law firms and other organizations to manage and collaborate on legal matters and streamline operations to help increase profitability. Through the Time Matters® Mobility service, the application can be accessed using Internet-connected smartphones and other mobile or tablet devices, allowing legal professionals to be productive even when they are not in the office.
- LexisNexis Legal News mobile application is a tool that helps professionals stay on top of breaking legal, business and financial news, as well as monitor blogs and Twitter® with a continuously updating content feed to help inform more complete and timely decision making.
- Best Authority helps users quickly, confidently and accurately generate formatted Table of Authorities for use in legal briefs. The Best Authority® product for creating a Table of Authorities is owned by Levit & James Inc.
In addition to the winning entries, the following LexisNexis solutions were voted “top three” selections in their respective categories by survey participants:
- Best Legal Research App – Lexis AdvanceTM HD
- Best Matter Management Software – LexisNexis® CaseMap®.
- Best Online Research Vendor – LexisNexis® Total Litigator
More than 6,800 readers of the New York Law Journal cast votes for their favorite legal vendors. Voting was conducted via online ballot across 63 categories encompassing the areas of Technology, Research, Accounting, Insurance, Financial Services, Litigation Support, Real Estate, Education Recruiting and Staffing. Only votes cast by legitimate, verified legal professional end users were counted in the final tally.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, Inc. LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
About Levit & James, Inc.
Levit & James, founded in 1987 in Leesburg, Virginia, is a software company which specializes in applications to assist attorneys and law firms. Customers include government agencies, large corporations and the majority of large U.S. law firms, as well as firms of all sizes, including sole practitioners. We have developed many specialized add-in products for Microsoft® Word, document conversion tools for converting from WordPerfect® to Microsoft® Word, as well as Document Management System migration tools. Our initial focus was in custom software applications for mini-computers and computer consulting for Fortune 500 corporations, large law firms and professional associations. Our Best Authority software is now the leading product for building a Table of Authorities in the legal market. In addition, Levit & James is a Microsoft Partner with a Gold ISV/Software Competency. We have maintained a reputation for excellence in our software, and a strong commitment to training and top-notch technical support.