|By Marketwire .||
|September 22, 2012 10:15 AM EDT||
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 09/22/12 -- Starting at 11 am today at the Orange County Convention Center thousands of restaurant and foodservice professionals from throughout Florida will attend The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show. The event, which runs through Monday, will offer thousands of new food products from hundreds of exhibiting companies and dozens of exciting special events and educational programs. The event is sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, a partner of the National Restaurant Association. Special event highlights, include:
- Trends in Dining Panel: Is the concept of "Fine Dining" gone or has it been totally redefined in this new economy? On Saturday, September 22 at 3:00 pm hear what some of the top chefs and restaurateurs are successfully doing right now. Panelists include Chef Louis Perrotte, Former Owner of Le Coq Au Vin Restaurant in Orlando; Chef de Cuisine Gregory Richie from Emeril's Tchoup Chop; Heather McPherson, Orlando Sentinel Food Editor and Restaurant Critic, and Master Chef Ferdinand Metz, Dean Le Cordon Bleu & Former President of Culinary Institute of America.
- Celebrity Chefs: Celebrity Chefs: Chef Omar Pereney, Chef de PERENEY Restaurant Mexico, Chef Emily Ellyn, Retro Road - Celebrity Chef, Food Network Star, and Joshua Bartram, Executive Chef at Greek Island Spice, Inc., will be doing culinary demonstrations today.
- Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to products, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market -- healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, etc. Foodservice professionals will discover and learn about the new culinary innovations that will inspire creative and fresh menu ideas, drive profits, and delight customers.
- Meals of Hope: The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association is joining Meals of Hope to build 100,000 meals for local families in need. Meals of Hope is a non-profit organization that was started in 2007 by Executive Director Steven Popper in order to end hunger. Gold sponsors of this community outreach program are United Healthcare and Miller's Ale House Restaurant. The second annual food packing event will take place Sunday, September 23 from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. To volunteer email Christina Jones firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US Foodservice Presents: The 2012 American Culinary Federation Culinary Arts Competition. Chefs will compete in the R.L. Schreiber Apprentice/Jr. Member Florida State Championship Team Skills Competition, Taste of Elegance Pork Signature Recipe Competition, the USA Culinary Cup Team Competition, and the Pastry Challenge. Many of the award winning meals will be served during the Chef's Table Luncheons, a four-course surprise lunch prepared by the participating chefs.
The 2012 Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show, produced by Reed Exhibitions, will be held Saturday, September 22 through Monday, September 24, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center. For more information on exhibiting or attending call (888) 372-3976 or visit http://www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com/
Press Lounge - Room 207C