|By Business Wire||
|September 23, 2012 10:00 PM EDT||
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will take part in CEATEC JAPAN 2012 to introduce leading-edge technologies and products under the theme of "Mitsubishi Electric—harnessing a broad range of technologies to help enrich society." The show is from October 2–6 at the Makuhari Messe exhibition complex in Chiba, Japan.
The Mitsubishi Electric exhibit will be at Booth No. 3B59 in the Life & Society Stage area of Makuhari Messe Hall 3.
- Technologies and products that enrich society and are appearing at CEATEC for the first time, including industrial robots, ultra-high-speed elevator technology, a particle beam treatment system, and an upgraded optical submarine cable system.
- Overview of Smart House demonstration trials incorporating a household energy management system.
- Largest company booth at CEATEC, covering 720 square meters.
Zones and Main Products
The Main Stage will showcase a 155-inch, high-resolution, wide-viewing-angle organic EL screen (Diamond Vision OLED) that shows how Mitsubishi Electric is applying its comprehensive strengths to help enrich society through technology.
"Enhancing Daily Life" Zone
- Smart House – Household energy management system that enables users to live off the grid for more than one week during a power outage
- DIATONE SOUND.NAVI – Car navigation system that incorporates the high-quality sound of DIATONE high-end audio (sound demo)
- HEVC real-time decoder for UHDTV –supports playback of ultra high-definition video content demanded for next-generation broadcasting (reference exhibit)
- "REAL LASERVUE" laser-backlight LCD television (visual demo) and "MDR3 Series" LCD television (sound demo)
"Enriching Society" Zone
- "MELFA" – Industrial robots for component processing and smartphone assembly (demonstration)
- Ultra-high-speed elevator technology for safe, comfortable travel at over 1,000 meters per minute (model)
- "Touchless Call" – System for operating an elevator with voice commands (demonstration)
- Particle beam treatment system for cancer treatment (model)
- "MILIE" – Energy-efficient, long-life LED lighting
"Safeguarding Society" Zone
- MELOOK μII and MELOOK μ+ digital CCTV system – Smooth display and recording of high-detail images, with easy set-up and operation (demonstration).
- Satellite communication systems useful during disasters or emergencies (satellite mobile station and small satellite earth station)
"Advancing Communications" Zone
- Upgraded optical submarine cable systems – For high-speed, high-capacity communications infrastructure
- Simple Signage (DSM Series) – Enables easy set-up of digital signage by simply inserting an SD card
About Mitsubishi Electric
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 3,639.4 billion yen (US$ 44.4 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information visit http://www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 82 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2012