|By Business Wire||
|September 24, 2012 06:21 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pr6pgh/finland) has announced the addition of the "Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Finland's 800Mhz Auction Promises National Lte Coverage By 2019
BuddeComm's annual report, Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts, provides a comprehensive overview of the trends and developments in the Finnish telecoms and digital media markets. The report includes the regulator's 2011 market data update and reports to mid-2012; telco financial and operating data to June 2012; market developments to mid-2012.
- Market and industry analyses, trends and developments;
- Facts, figures and statistics;
- Industry and regulatory issues;
- Major Players, Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, MoU;
- Internet, VoIP, IPTV;
- Mobile Voice and Data Markets;
- Broadband (FttH, DSL, cable TV, wireless);
- Convergence and Digital Media;
- 3G subscriber and mobile ARPU forecasts to 2015;
- Broadband market forecasts for selective years to 2020.
This report is essential reading for those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on the telecom sector in Finland.
- The largest cableco DNA has delivered wide-reaching 200Mb/s services and has trialled a 1.5Gb/s service, the world's fastest thus far.
- Long term spectrum licences in the 2.5-2.69GHz band has encouraged operators to invest in network upgrades. DNA offers a combination of HSPA+ and LTE, expected to reach two million Finns by the end of 2012.
- The frequency coordination agreement reached between Finland and Russia in 2011 enables Finland to use the 800MHz band for LTE, fast-tracking mobile broadband to rural areas.
- FttH has been stimulated by government intervention providing public funding for rural projects, which now benefit about 5% of the population.
- Initially slow to develop large-scale fibre projects, the major telcos have recently stepped up their investment though concentrating on commercially viable areas, with LTE expected to fill gaps in rural areas
- The auction of spectrum in the 800MHz band, expected in early 2013, will enable LTE to be available to 99% of the population by 2019.
- Finnet Group
- Helsinki Television
- Sonera Cable
- TDC Finland
- Yleisradio Oy
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pr6pgh/finland