|By PR Newswire||
|September 27, 2012 09:01 AM EDT||
MILFORD, Conn., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Perimeter E-Security, the leading provider of secure cloud services, today announced that it has added Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology to its broad portfolio of secure messaging and network security services. With Perimeter's new Cloud MDM service, CIOs can protect company data on all employee-owned and company-issued smartphones and tablets for best-in-class security and compliance. Cloud MDM also features a unique Bring-Your-Own-Device Kit to help companies of all sizes successfully manage the risks associated with employee-owned devices.
"Formal BYOD programs are a relatively new but fast-growing phenomenon. In 2009, it was typical to see no BYOD program whatsoever in business, even though there has always been a substantial amount of 'stealth' use of personal devices. But now, formal programs supported by IT are rapidly gaining steam. In a 2011 study, we found that, on average, U.S. CIOs expect 38 percent of their workforce to use personal devices at work by the end of 2012." [Gartner, "Bring Your Own Device: New Opportunities, New Challenges," David A. Willis, August 16, 2012.]
Perimeter's Cloud MDM service features industry-leading technology powered by AirWatch LLC, best practice security policies and complete integration with Perimeter email and other services. Company IT departments can enforce corporate policy across multiple device types, push configuration profiles and security policies, manage mobile applications, reduce the cost and effort of device deployments, increase IT efficiencies and response times and remotely wipe lost or stolen devices.
"Enterprise CIOs want to take advantage of new mobile opportunities, but unlike desktop computing, with mobile, CIOs must navigate a minefield. Diverse operating systems, hundreds of devices of suspect provenance, privacy concerns and new ownership models make it impossible to know how to keep company data secure," said Andrew Jaquith, CTO, Perimeter E-Security. "Perimeter's new Cloud MDM simplifies the complex security and policy choices enterprises must make. Instead of giving customers a 'me-too' technology solution that leaves the messy security, policy and privacy details up them, Cloud MDM provides a prescriptive solution that includes zero-configuration best practice security policies, a BYOD Kit, privacy controls and complete email integration right out of the box. We've brought everything we've learned in more than 15 years of managing hundreds of thousands of mobile devices to Cloud MDM. With our service, companies can secure all of their mobile devices — and implement a safe, secure and legal BYOD program — in just a few hours."
The most comprehensive, customizable and feature-rich MDM solution in the industry, Perimeter E-Security's Cloud MDM offers:
- Industry-leading MDM Platform: A complete device, application and content management solution for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian and Windows Mobile devices, powered by AirWatch technology. Hundreds of controls allow administrators to configure email, wireless, security and other details.
- Pre-configured Policies: Tested, best-practice data protection policies include bi-level, standards-aligned passcode polices; encryption enforcement; and carefully tuned device policies for Android and iOS. Customers can use these as-is by default or extend them as needed.
- Complete Email Integration: Fully integrated with Perimeter's hosted Exchange service so that mobile devices are configured for email automatically, eliminating end-user hassles and administrator support tickets.
- Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Kit: Includes a Model Acceptable Use Policy and accompanying policy guidance, co-developed in partnership with international law firm Proskauer Rose LLP, designed to help companies implement and manage the risks of employee-owned BYOD device programs.
- Privacy Protection: Limits the collection of personally identifiable information (PII), reducing privacy exposures while aligning with EU and U.S. local, state and federal privacy laws. Administrators can wipe devices clean, or wipe only enterprise managed data and settings, while leaving personal information intact.
- Compliance: Built-in passcode policies align with U.S. federal standards for electronic authentication strength (NIST Special Publication 800-63). More than 40 standard reports allow companies to demonstrate effective controls by reporting on how devices comply with their mobile security policies.
- One, Simple Bill: True, usage-based billing keeps costs predictable and transparent.
For more information, please visit http://www.perimeterusa.com/services/messaging/mobile-device-management/.
About Perimeter E-Security
Perimeter E-Security delivers secure infrastructure from the cloud that businesses of all sizes rely on. Our advanced technology, expert intelligence, and superior scale make our clients' information more secure, more highly available, compliant with regulations and less costly to manage. By using our solutions, our customers can focus on their core businesses and take advantage of new opportunities. Our growing customer base includes 6,000 organizations in the financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, critical infrastructure and manufacturing sectors. For more information, visit www.perimeterusa.com.
SOURCE Perimeter E-Security