|By Marketwire .||
|September 29, 2012 10:43 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 09/29/12 -- GoHealthInsurance, an insurance technology platform nationally recognized for helping millions of Americans compare health insurance quotes, encourages consumers to take advantage of the services now available at no additional cost to eligible health insurance policyholders as a result of health care reform.
Insured consumers stand to benefit from a mandate in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that eliminates copayments, and offers coverage prior to meeting the deductible, for an extensive list of preventive health care services. Consumers should check with their health insurance company to see if they are eligible for these services.
Here are just ten preventive care services that no longer cost consumers when they go to the doctor:
1. Type 2 Diabetes screenings for adults with high blood pressure
2. Cholesterol screenings for adults of certain ages or those at higher risk
3. Depression screenings for adults
4. Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
5. Breast cancer mammography screenings every one to two years for women over 40, and cervical cancer screenings for sexually active women
6. Screenings for women to detect certain sexually transmitted diseases including Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis
7. Rh incompatibility screenings for all pregnant women and follow-up testing for women at higher risk
8. Domestic and interpersonal violence screenings and counseling for all women
9. Autism screenings for children at 18 and 24 months
10. Immunization vaccines for children from birth to age 18
"Preventive health care can have a tremendous impact on the cost of health care services and health insurance coverage. In many cases, preventing medical issues is far less costly than treating them. Consequently, this type of care is often more cost effective for health care providers, health insurance companies and policyholders," says Mark Colwell, Marketing Manager at GoHealth.
GoHealth and its customer-facing website GoHealthInsurance.com is a health insurance technology platform, working with over 100 health insurance carriers and more than 10,000 licensed agents across the United States. Since the company's founding in 2001, the GoHealth platform has helped nearly 30 million Americans shop and compare health insurance quotes. GoHealth, based in Chicago, Illinois, was recently named in the top 100 best workplaces in Chicago by the Chicago Tribune and is one of Inc. Magazine's 500's fastest growing companies in America.