|By Business Wire||
|October 2, 2012 12:50 PM EDT||
The Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s largest association for project and program managers, announces that the PMO Symposium 2012 will be held from November 11-14 at Bellagio Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV, USA).
The value of PMOs remains undisputed, with nearly 67 percent of organizations crediting their PMO for the success of their initiatives*. Tight economic conditions, shifting global market priorities and the push for innovation, however, are creating new demands for PMO excellence. The PMO Symposium 2012 is the must-attend event for program, portfolio, PMO and organizational project management leaders responsible for the success of their organizations’ key initiatives. Presented by the Project Management Institute and its Program Management Office Community of Practice, the three-day symposium provides attendees access to PMO experts so that they can learn, network, and gain practical, real-world expertise to take their PMOs to the next level. Offerings include:
- A keynote presentation from world-renowned visionary Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer of SpaceShipOne and one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people. Rutan’s highly anticipated presentation will focus on how to use creativity and innovation to manage and motivate a team.
- A full roster of other dynamic featured speakers who will tackle hot topics including agility, lean, change, risk and talent.
- Moderated panel discussions, "Ask the Expert" roundtable discussions, focused breakout sessions and more.
- Networking opportunities including two receptions, meals and informal breaks to meet fellow attendees and speakers.
- PMO Leadership Excursions, which will enable attendees to go behind the scenes of large-scale Las Vegas projects and hear from project and program managers that actually worked on them.
- Dozens of education sessions worth more than 20 PDUs.
For more information and to register for the PMO Symposium 2012, visit www.pmosymposium.org.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
PMI is one of the world's largest not-for-profit membership associations for the project management profession, with more than 650,000 members and credential holders in more than 185 countries. As a global thought leader and knowledge resource, PMI advances the profession through its global standards and credentials, collaborative chapters and virtual communities and academic research. When organizations invest in project management, supported by PMI, executives have confidence that their important initiatives will deliver expected results, greater business value and competitive advantage. Visit us at www.PMI.org, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute and on Twitter @PMInstitute.
*Extrapolated from PMI’s Pulse of the Profession 2012