|By PR Newswire||
|October 9, 2012 03:50 PM EDT||
ST. LOUIS, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bud Light fans have spoken, selecting three emerging musical acts to join Pitbull, Brad Paisley, Flo Rida, Far East Movement, Young the Giant and THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS in the Bahamas for the Bud Light Port Paradise Music Festival. The three winning bands are:
- McKenzies Mill, a Nashville-based, Carolina-raised southern rock duo founded by brothers Justin and Ryan Harris. Since 2009, they have been playing on rotation at some of Nashville's most respected and famous nightlife venues.
- The Bergamot, based in South Bend, Ind., and made up of singers/songwriters Nathan Hoff and Jillian Speece, The Bergamot has a blissful combination of modern pop, crisp vocal harmonies, earnest storytelling and intricate instrumentation.
- Makayla Duvall, a South Florida-based pop singer/songwriter with infectious music that tows the line between blues and pop. Born in Indianapolis, Ind., and raised in Florida, Makayla has been nurtured by influences in R&B, Soul and Pop music.
The "Bud Light Battle of the Bands" competition – hosted by Sonicbids, a social music marketing platform that connects bands, promoters, consumer brands and music fans – saw more than 350 bands enter for the chance to perform at Port Paradise.
"Who better than our fans to take the lead in discovering the next generation of great music to showcase at the Port Paradise Music Festival," said Mike Sundet, vice president, Bud Light. "We are thrilled to add these three up-and-coming acts to an already eclectic and enormously talented lineup."
"These three bands now have a unique opportunity to perform in front of thousands of Bud Light fans; an incredible platform to grow their fan base," Panos Panay, CEO, Sonicbids. "The music industry is among the most competitive, so it's especially inspiring to see Bud Light supporting emerging musicians with opportunities like the Port Paradise Music Festival."
Taking place Nov. 16-19, the Bud Light Port Paradise Music Festival is set to host more than 5,000 promotional winners aboard two full-size cruise liners for an extended weekend adventure that includes live concerts at Atlantis in Nassau on Saturday, Nov. 17, and on the private island of Coco Cay on Sunday, Nov. 18. The full concert schedule is:
- Saturday, Nov. 17 – Pitbull will headline Saturday's concert with Far East Movement, Flo Rida and the three "Bud Light Battle of the Bands" winners at Atlantis in Nassau.
- Sunday, Nov. 18 – Brad Paisley will headline Sunday's concert with Young the Giant and THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS at Coco Cay.
Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 47.7 percent share of U.S. beer sales to retailers. The company brews Budweiser and Bud Light, two of the world's largest-selling beers. Anheuser-Busch is a major manufacturer of aluminum cans and has been a leading aluminum recycler for more than 30 years. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the leading global brewer, and continues to operate under the Anheuser-Busch name and logo. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
Sonicbids is a Social Music Marketing™ platform that connects bands, promoters, consumer brands and music fans. Sonicbids was launched in 2001 with a basic mission: great music should always find an audience. It has since grown into a global marketing platform connecting more than 350,000 bands with 26,000 promoters from over 100 different countries with an aggregate reach of 100 million socially connected music fans. Sonicbids is the online launching pad for many of today's hot artists and has exclusive partnerships with many taste-making events and consumer brands like South By Southwest, Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, CMJ Music Marathon, Red Bull, Marriott Hotels and DieselIndustry.
For more information, contact:
Phillip Cleveland, 314-577-9637