|By Marketwired .||
|October 10, 2012 02:25 PM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/10/12 -- Couchbase, the leader in NoSQL database technology, today announced the appointment of Rahim Yaseen as senior vice president of product development. A 20-year database industry veteran, Yaseen joins Couchbase from Oracle where he served as vice president of engineering, leading the efforts to develop Oracle's Core Fusion Customer Relationship Management (CRM) framework, including the technology to support the product's SaaS-based model.
- Former Oracle Vice President Rahim Yaseen has joined Couchbase, Inc., the leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. NoSQL is an emerging class of data management software that is optimized for the needs of interactive web applications, providing better scalability, performance, and a more flexible data model than relational database technology.
- In his new role with Couchbase, Yaseen will lead the company's product development, including the company's flagship NoSQL database offering, Couchbase Server.
- While at Oracle, Yaseen was responsible for the Core Fusion CRM framework, the industry's most modern, standards-based, scalable and extensible technology platform to address the specific challenges of sales organizations, which includes the Fusion CRM SaaS programming model for extensibility; the mobile, Outlook and predictive analytics frameworks; the contact center framework; and the customer center and order management applications.
- Previously in his career, Yaseen held executive engineering positions at SAP, Siebel and CMGI/AdForce.
- Working in the office of the CTO, Yaseen led the technical and strategic direction for SAP's Next Generation Architecture and Platform.
- Yaseen led the development of Siebel's BPM framework including workflow architecture and platform, rule engines and tools, and compilers for scripting languages.
- At CMGI/AdForce, Yaseen led the development of the ad management and targeting frameworks.
- Yaseen holds six technical patents spanning the areas of database, workflow, and mobile focused on platforms and frameworks.
- Yaseen earned a Ph.D. (EE/CSE), specializing in database systems, from the University of Florida.
- "We are thrilled that Yaseen has joined Couchbase. As a technical visionary with expertise in database development and cloud computing, he adds breadth and depth to our management team, and will be a significant force in extending our technology leadership." -- Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase
- "A recognized NoSQL technology leader, Couchbase is trusted by a rapidly growing number of high-profile companies to ensure the high performance, easy scalability and always-on availability of their interactive web applications. Couchbase is well positioned to accelerate enterprise adoption of NoSQL technology and I couldn't be more excited to join the company and contribute to making Couchbase a dominant player in the database market." -- Rahim Yaseen, SVP Product Development, Couchbase
Additional Online Resources
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It's easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server's high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always-on Availability: Couchbase Server's high availability features means applications are always online, 24x365. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware -- or recovering from a disaster -- Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible Data Model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures. Couchbase is also the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
LEWIS Pulse for Couchbase