|By Marketwire .||
|October 11, 2012 06:43 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 -- Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County hosts its second annual "Designs for the Cure" Gala at the Millennium Biltmore Saturday, Oct. 13. Sponsored by American Book Drive, Amgen, Anthem Blue Cross, TeQava and Stickam, the "pink tie" evening brings together the worlds of fashion, celebrities and cancer survivors to raise funds for breast cancer screening, education, treatment and research.
The gala will feature a cocktail reception, dinner, special live performances and fabulous silent and live auctions featuring one-of-a-kind experiences and items generously donated by supporters. Auction items can be found pre-event on the Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County Facebook page, ranging from jewelry to cosmetics to vacation packages and more.
Television personality, author and fashion designer Lauren Conrad will be on-hand to dress survivors in her contemporary line, Paper Crown, for an enthralling survivor spotlight that will highlight eight women's battles with the disease. Conrad will also be honored for her contributions to breast cancer awareness and fundraising.
Other celebrity guests confirmed to attend include Shannon Tweed and Sophie Tweed Simmons, Thom Barry from "Cold Case," Lauren Coslow and Nadia Boyland of "Days of Our Lives," Raymond Cruise and Phillip Keenan of "Major Crimes," Eileen Davidson of "The Young and the Restless" and more.
Tickets for "Designs for the Cure" are available through Saturday at noon for $250 per person or $2,500 per 10-person table. For tickets, please contact 310.575.3011 or visit www.komenlacounty.org. VIP tickets are also available for a private cocktail reception immediately preceding the gala at 5pm. VIP guests will enjoy complimentary cocktails provided by TeQava and have a chance to meet and greet with Conrad and other VIPs.
Connect with Susan G. Komen Los Angeles on our Facebook (www.facebook.com/KomenLA) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/komenla) profiles, and be sure to watch all the action from the Pink Carpet live at www.stickam.com from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. PDT.
About the Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
The Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. To date, The Affiliate has raised over $9.2 million for community-based grants to local LA County health organizations. Through these grants, Komen LA County provides crucial funding for breast cancer diagnostic services, educational programs, patient navigation, and psychosocial support.
Komen LA County is a local charity serving the communities of Los Angeles County. 75percent of the Affiliate's net income funds grants to local hospitals and community health organizations serving the uninsured and underinsured women in Los Angeles County. The remaining 25 percent supports Susan G. Komen's national grants program which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research and education initiatives around the world.
Thanks to its many dedicated donors, corporate partners and volunteers, Komen LA County is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in the community.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure, which is now the world's largest breast cancer organization and the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer with $2 billion invested to date in research and community health programs worldwide. For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.