|By Marketwire .||
|October 16, 2012 08:44 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/16/12 -- The Los Angeles affiliate of Susan G. Komen, social media video sharing company Viddy, and nonprofit custom merchandise technology company GoodThreads have teamed up to encourage breast cancer awareness in both the online and Los Angeles communities. The organizations have partnered to create a T-shirt slogan contest in a widespread effort to generate awareness and fundraise for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The collaborative contest, which will run through the end of October, includes a call-to-action for Viddy users to create a Viddy with a pink ribbon pack, state what "finding a cure" means to them, and attach the hashtag #BCAMonth.
"We are very excited to launch this contest and really delve into the online community that Viddy has on their site," said Mark Pilon, Executive Director for Susan G. Komen Los Angeles. "Any efforts we can take part in during this month, and really all year long, to generate awareness and help push us one step closer to a cure, we are all for."
"We are excited to be working with these amazing organizations that are focused on bringing attention and awareness to breast cancer. It is amazing to see the thousands of videos coming in from our creative community around the world," said Brett O'Brien, co-founder and CEO of Viddy Inc.
In November, GoodThreads will create a custom store specific to this effort that hosts the winning design. A donation for Komen LA will be included with the purchase of the item.
"GoodThreads is big believer in the power of telling stories. We are excited to help bring about much-needed awareness during Breast Cancer Awareness Month for Komen LA through the incredible social network and tools Viddy has created," said Brandon Hance, Founder/CEO of GoodThreads.
ABOUT SUSAN G. KOMEN LOS ANGELES
The Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. To date, The Affiliate has raised over $9.2 million for community-based grants to local Los Angeles County health organizations. These grants provide funding for breast cancer screening, education, psychosocial support and treatment services.
75 percent of the Affiliate's revenues go toward funding grants to hospitals and community organizations serving the uninsured and underinsured women in Los Angeles County. The remaining 25 percent of revenues supports Susan G. Komen's national grants program which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research and education initiatives around the world.
Thanks to its many dedicated donors, corporate partners and volunteers, Komen Los Angeles County is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in the community.
Launched in April 2011, Viddy is a mobile social video application that enables over 40 million registered users to shoot, beautify and share 15-second video clips using Adobe and Final Cut style visual effects with one-click production packages, similar to an Instagram filter -- for video. Special effects include graphics, color correction and audio tracks. Custom Viddy Effect options include; Golden, Soho, Rose, Cine, Tele, Warped, Crystal, Vintage, Hued, Junk'd, Black & White, Pink, Exposed, Smoke, 3D, and Solarize. VIDDY version 1.9.1 is available for free download in the App Store. Imagined and created in the Matrix building in Venice, California, Viddy was founded by JJ Aguhob and Brett O'Brien.
GoodThreads is a technology and custom merchandise fulfillment solution servicing nonprofit organizations. GoodThreads works with nonprofits to help increase awareness, enhance engagement, and raise money by providing a technology platform for personal stories to be shared through custom event merchandise. The platform allows event teams and participants to buy customized merchandise and fundraise for the nonprofit they support, while allowing the nonprofit to maintain control of their brand. For more information, visit www.goodthreads.com.