|By PR Newswire||
|October 16, 2012 10:40 PM EDT||
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital media company Blip has announced the creation of a new review channel on YouTube, The League of Super Critics. Well known web personalities, producers and the occasional celebrity give you the down and dirty on everything from TV and web series to books, films and whatever else is out there. The League of Super Critics guides viewers through the jungle of mediocrity and finds the true pop culture gems.
The League of Super Critics channel features weekly episodes of six original review series that cover the world of pop culture and everything in between. Want to find out what's going on in the world of web series or discover a blast from the past? Look no further than these weekly series:
- Nostalgia Chick (Mondays): Lindsey Ellis hosts a collaborative variety review with recurring characters that join her to reminisce and lambast past television and movies for women.
- Maven of the Eventide (Tuesdays): The Maven reviews Vampire films and pop culture memes in a most unique way.
- A Plug, A Chug, And A Review (Tuesdays): Gives celebrities and personalities the chance to plug whatever project they want and offer a review on a film, show, book of their choosing while chugging a roll-of-the-dice concoction that could contain anything.
- Nostalgia Critic (Wednesdays): Guy with the Glasses Doug Walker critiques and pokes fun at all things nostalgic, with his sweet spot being television shows and video games from the 80′s and 90′s.
- Todd in the Shadows (Thursdays): Todd Nathanson takes us through the context of terrible pop songs of the past and present, breaking down the minutia of the awesomeness and the awfulness, while in the shadows.
- The Show You're Watching (Fridays): This web series review variety show is a weekly round-up of what's what and who's who in the world of online video.
"We wanted to find a way to showcase our talented community of video stars in a way that made sense for viewers," said Steve Woolf, Blip Studios president and senior vice president of content for Blip. "The League of Super Critics brings all of this incredible original review content together in one place and is a stand-alone entertainment destination."
By programming The League of Super Critics channel on YouTube, Blip introduces this unique and original review content to a broader audience and offers a one-stop channel for viewers who need a quick and entertaining review fix.
Blip is the place to watch and share original web series online. Blip develops, produces and distributes original quality content at Blip.com and in syndication across the web to iTunes, Yahoo!Screen, AOL, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Roku, Verizon FiOS, TiVo and Sony TVs. Since launching in 2005, Blip is now the largest independently owned and operated digital video platform in the world and attracts hundreds of millions of views per month. Check it out for yourself at Blip.com or follow @blip on Twitter.