|By Business Wire||
|October 17, 2012 05:59 PM EDT||
ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will display a wide variety of its industry-leading aerospace and defense products and services at the 2012 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition in Washington, D.C., Oct. 22-24, 2012.
Some highlighted technologies from the Exelis exhibit at this year’s AUSA Conference will include:
- Networked communication systems, including SideHat, Rifleman and SpearNet radios, as well as Global Network On-The-Move Active Distribution (GNOMAD), an on-the-move satellite communications system that employs a low-profile antenna to provide reliable connectivity for a wide range of vehicles, from standard SUVs to large armored vehicles in the Abrams, Bradley and Stryker families.
- Airborne electronic warfare solutions, including the ALQ-136 and ALQ-211 systems that protect rotary wing assets.
- Next generation night vision goggles, such as the AN/PSQ-20 Spiral Enhanced Night Vision Goggle which provide net-centric solutions that can gather, transmit and receive imagery and tactical intelligence between soldiers and commanders, enhancing situational awareness and decision support.
- Integrated airborne ISR systems, including FELCO and Vigilant Stare
- Information processing, exploitation and dissemination solutions, such as Jagwire which provide real-time data to users and actionable intelligence when and where they need it.
- Advanced Information Systems & Cyber capabilities which enhance national security by providing information-enabled solutions, modeling and simulation for DOD, intelligence and civil agencies.
- Services/Support/Logistics—Exelis provides worldwide communications infrastructure sustainment, facilities operations and depot-level maintenance activities through procurement vehicles like the Enhanced Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE).
In addition to exhibiting a wide range of business solutions, Exelis will also highlight its new community volunteer program, Exelis Action Corps at the event. In partnership with Points of Light, Exelis is engaging its employees and residents of the communities in which Exelis operates in meaningful volunteer projects that serve and support returning military service members, veterans and their families.
“As a company that manufactures technologies that protect our military service members abroad, and one that has a global workforce comprised of approximately 10 percent military veterans, it was only natural that ITT Exelis decided to invest in and deploy its own employees to support the men and women who so bravely serve, and have served, our nation,” said Exelis CEO and President David Melcher.
About ITT Exelis
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com