|By Business Wire||
|October 19, 2012 03:50 AM EDT||
- RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conference, concluded its 13th annual European event at the Hilton London Metropole. The event saw information security professionals gathering from more than across Europe and beyond to learn and share industry knowledge.
The Conference agenda included a high profile line-up of keynote
- Jimmy Donal Wales, Internet Entrepreneur and Founder of Wikipedia
- Misha Glenny, Journalist and Author of DarkMarket: How Hackers Became the New Mafia
- Bruce Schneier, Chief Security Technology Officer, BT
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, Programme Committee Chairman, RSA Conference
11 tracks with more than 110 sessions covering a host of
topical subjects including Hackers & Threats, Breaking Research,
Mobile Security, Identity & Access Management, Data Security and
Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Town Hall Debate Sessions – Peers in the RSA Conference community joined for informal Town Hall sessions which featured Dr. Marnix Dekker, Security Expert and Information Security Officer, ENISA where he explored his latest Cloud Security research. Dr. Dekker was then followed by a fast-paced and interactive panel covering today’s most pressing security topics led by RSA Conference Programme Committee Chairman Hugh Thompson.
- Identity and Access Management – New for 2012 and one of Europe’s most pressing security topics, these sessions covered will the processes, technologies and policies for managing digital identities, their authentication, authorization, roles, and privileges/permissions within or across system and enterprise boundaries and controlling how identities can be used to access resources.
- RSA Conference Europe moves to Amsterdam in next year. The event will take place 29th to 31st October at the Amsterdam RAI. The Call for Speakers is expected to open in Spring 2013.
Quote, attributable to Catherine Long, Operations Manager, RSA Conference Europe:
- “RSA Conference Europe 2012 solidified the event as the premier conference in the European information security community. For three days, security experts and professionals collaborated to forward efforts to secure businesses against a constantly evolving threat landscape. Armed with proven strategies, attendees can now pass this knowledge onto their peers and organizations with the goal of improving security efforts moving forward.”
Multimedia and supporting materials:
- RSA Conference Europe 2012 photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference/sets/72157631730202502/
- RSA Conference Europe 2012 video and podcast highlights: http://365.rsaconference.com/community/connect/blog
- RSA Conference Europe 2012 presentations online: https://ae.rsaconference.com/EU12/scheduler/eventcatalog/eventCatalog.do
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Throughout its almost 21-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.