|By PR Newswire||
|October 22, 2012 12:01 AM EDT||
- New Android app helps drivers fight record fuel prices with instant access to the cheapest petrol, fastest routes and up-to-the-minute traffic alerts
LONDON, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As petrol prices soar to record levels nationwide, INRIX, a leading international provider of traffic information and driver services, introduced a new INRIX Traffic app for Android that helps drivers locate the closest cheapest petrol from more than 100,000 petrol station locations nationwide. With Brits paying an average of 140.2ppl , INRIX Traffic for Android helps drivers not only save time and money avoiding traffic but spend less on petrol every time they fill up.
Now, INRIX Traffic for Android enables drivers to:
- Find the closest, cheapest petrol (premium feature): Drivers can locate the cheapest petrol stations along their route viewing fuel price information updated daily for more than 100,000 petrol stations across Europe.
- Know the fastest routes: INRIX Traffic provides drivers with up to the minute traffic maps for more than 1 million kilometres of motorways, roads and streets nationwide. Additionally, the app provides drivers with the fastest routes, travel times and arrival times to their home and office from any location.
- See recommended departure and travel times: The INRIX Traffic Forecast Slider helps drivers arrive on time, every time showing how traffic conditions and travel times are expected to change over the next 8 hours. INRIX Traffic is the only app that factors in the impacts of school schedules, sporting events, conventions, concerts and other traffic impacting events to help drivers avoid frustrating delays.
- Take the E out of ETA with INRIX Arrival Times: With just a few taps, drivers can share their arrival time with any contact via an auto-generated email or text message.
- Get personalised traffic alerts: Drivers can fine tune INRIX Traffic to their commute personalising their app to alert them to accidents and other traffic causing delays specific to their routes.
- Join a global crowd sourced community of drivers: Through INRIX's community of approximately 100 million drivers worldwide, drivers can instantly view and alert others community members to accidents and other incidents along their route.
Additionally, drivers who upgrade to the premium version of INRIX Traffic have access to even more tools and features to help them avoid gridlock, including the ability to add an unlimited number of destinations and view traffic conditions firsthand through INRIX's network of thousands of traffic cameras nationwide. A lifetime subscription to the premium version of INRIX Traffic is available for £16.
Unlike other traffic tools and navigation apps based on crowd-sourced data alone, INRIX Traffic users benefit from the largest traffic network in the world analysing real-time information from hundreds of public and private sources ranging from traditional roads sensors and incident reports to a crowd-sourced community of approximately 100 million drivers. Through this unique approach, INRIX delivers real-time traffic information accurate within 2 mph of actual traffic speeds under all driving conditions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The INRIX Traffic App also is available on iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Windows 8. To learn more about INRIX Traffic as well as download the app for these platforms, visit www.inrixtraffic.com.
INRIX® is a leading traffic intelligence platform delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve transportation issues worldwide. INRIX crowd sources data daily from approximately 100 million vehicles and devices to deliver traffic and driving-related insight, as well as sophisticated analytical tools and services, across six industries in 31 countries.
With more than 200 customers and partners including Audi, ADAC, ANWB, BMW, the BBC, Ford Motor Company, the I-95 Coalition, MapQuest, Microsoft, NAVIGON, Nissan, O2, Tele Atlas, Telmap, Toyota and Vodafone, INRIX's real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts help drivers save time every day.
 Based on the average price per litre of petrol in the UK in September 2012 http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/