|By Marketwire .||
|October 22, 2012 02:00 AM EDT||
SILICON VALLEY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/22/12 -- Proxim Wireless Corporation (PINKSHEETS: PRXM), a leading provider of complete outdoor wireless backhaul systems, today announced that it is now accepting orders for its new Tsunami 8200 series of products. Products will be available for delivery starting in November 2012.
Latest Innovation in a Long Line
Proxim has been in the wireless broadband business for over 20 years and has launched a large number of innovative products during that time. In that period, it has shipped over 2 million wireless products to over 250,000 customers world-wide. Through this experience, Proxim has developed an intimate knowledge of wireless products and, more importantly, what its customers need from wireless products to succeed in their businesses.
In developing the 8200 series of products, Proxim has utilized all of its in-depth knowledge of wireless products and real-world customer needs to create yet-another industry-leading product line.
8200 Product Line Features
The heart of the 8200 product line is a versatile high-performance wireless platform. Common key building blocks are used to create the different products within the 8200 product line. This enables Proxim to pass the resulting efficiencies on to its customers through very cost-effective pricing.
Highlights of specific 8200 product line features include:
- Point-to-point (PtP) and point-to-multipoint (PmP) products available to meet our customers' specific connectivity needs
- Data rates up to 300 Mbps with up to 210 Mbps in deliverable user throughput
- MIMO 3x3 OFDM technology allowing Non-Line of Site (NLOS) operation
- Certified for operation in licensed and unlicensed frequencies from 4.9 - 5.925 GHz
- Mobile roaming allowing subscribers to roam seamlessly between PmP base stations at speeds up to 70 mph (112 km/h)
- High-power 25.8 dBm transmit power available for extended coverage
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet port with PoE in/out, capable of powering 802.3af-compliant devices such as video cameras
- Centralized management enabling rapid network deployment and configuration
- Channel bandwidths of 5 MHz, 10 MHz, 20 MHz, and 40 MHz available to maximize the usage of spectrum available to customers
- Water Proof, IP67 rated and tested to operate under 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes
- Compatible with earlier versions of Proxim's products to minimize customer cost of upgrading
Powered by WORP®
A major differentiating feature of all 8200 products is that they are powered by Proxim's proprietary Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP). The features of WORP simply aren't available in competitive products.
WORP enables a number of features that result in significant real-world benefits for Proxim's customers, including:
- More Net Bandwidth - WORP's intelligent polling mechanism solves the hidden node problem more efficiently than standard Wi-Fi® solutions and systems using a scheduled protocol in an outdoor environment, resulting in increased overall network performance
- More Concurrent Subscribers - a solution powered by WORP can connect up to 250 subscribers while delivering significantly more usable bandwidth, compared with the performance degradation that begins with as few as 2 subscribers in heavy-traffic deployments using standard Wi-Fi solutions or conventional scheduled protocols
- Smart Scheduling - WORP uses smart, adaptive scheduling for subscriber polling to avoid wasting bandwidth on subscribers that have no traffic to be sent
- Intelligent Management - WORP provides critical wireless and IP datalink management tools including spectrum analysis, IP Perf, link analysis, and RF channel management tools
- Dynamic Data Rate Selection (DDRS) - WORP dynamically adjusts the data rate at which wireless traffic is sent thereby optimizing the wireless data rate to each subscriber independently, keeping the overall net throughput of the network high
- Service Flow Based Quality of Service (QoS) - WORP enables service providers and other customers tremendous flexibility in prioritizing and differentiating significantly more levels of data traffic while dynamically allocating bandwidth to ensure that the most important data arrives with priority
- Bandwidth Control - WORP enables Proxim's customers to control network bandwidth, protecting the network from excessive bandwidth usage by any one subscriber while also enabling Proxim's customers to set different maximum bandwidth rates for different customer groups, allowing a significantly higher number of differentiated service offerings and revenue and/or network throughput maximization for Proxim's customers
Proxim's 8200 products are ideally suited for a wide variety of high-bandwidth, high-availability applications including:
- Video cameras - increasing protection and security by enabling the quick and inexpensive installation of video cameras where desired
- Intelligent traffic systems - reducing congestion by synchronizing traffic lights
- Wireless broadband access - enabling quick and inexpensive broadband Internet connectivity
Proxim is proud of how its 8200 products stack up against the competition. Proxim would be pleased to describe to you how Proxim's 8200 products compare favorably with competitive products. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proxim has designed the 8200 products to deliver industry-leading performance at very attractive prices for its customers.
Proxim's MP-8200 point-to-multipoint products are available for a list price starting at US $3,999.00 for base stations and $1,129.00 for subscriber units.
Proxim's QB-8200 point-to-point links are available for a list price starting at US $3,999.00 per link.
Statement from Proxim's CEO
"We designed our 8200 products with our customers' needs and desires foremost in our mind," explained Lee Gopadze, President and CEO of Proxim Wireless. "We have heard time and time again from our customers that two primary considerations for them are product features and product cost. We believe we have delivered both with our 8200 products. The features of these products compare favorably with competitive products, and these features are available at a compelling price. These products are ideally suited for real world deployments for applications such as video, intelligent transportation systems, and wireless broadband access. High power capabilities coupled with Proxim's proprietary WORP® technology enable our customers' requirements to be met with a variety of feature sets including 256 AES encryption, differentiated Class of Service (CoS) and Quality of Service (QoS), complemented by easy installation and timely technical support."
About Proxim Wireless
Proxim Wireless Corporation (PINKSHEETS: PRXM) provides Wi-Fi®, Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint 4G wireless network technologies for wireless internet, video surveillance and backhaul applications. Our ORiNOCO® and Tsunami® product lines are sold to service providers, governments and enterprises with over 2 million devices shipped to 250,000+ customers in more than 65 countries worldwide. Proxim is ISO 9001-2008 certified. For more information, visit www.proxim.com. For investor relations information, e-mail email@example.com or call +1 413-584-1425.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this press release that are not statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could contribute to such differences including difficulties in overcoming the network installation and operational challenges relating to any specific customer or geographical area; factors beyond our control such as weather, geographic, governmental, and interference issues that may increase the costs and difficulties of wireless deployments; specific requirements of a given customer in their specific situations; circumstances in any particular deployment of products which could adversely impact performance and other product capabilities in that specific deployment; whether the deployment will achieve the desired objectives of any given customer; and difficulties or delays in supplying products with the features, performance, compliances, certifications, cost, price, quality, and other characteristics desired by customers. Further information on these and other factors that could affect Proxim's actual results is contained in the filings made by Proxim with the OTC Markets (available at www.otcmarkets.com), including without limitation in the Annual Report filed by Proxim on March 30, 2010, and is and will be contained in its other public statements, which may be available on Proxim's website (www.proxim.com).
VP, Corporate Affairs
Email: Email Contact
Milpitas, CA, USA