|By Business Wire||
|October 22, 2012 03:00 AM EDT||
American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS) is an International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) accredited supplier and manufacturer of cost-effective Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) military grade rugged touch computers and displays for government, aerospace, and defense entities. Facing tight budgets, the Army, Navy, Air Force and Defense agencies are looking for solutions that withstand the test of time while meeting stringent performance, maintainability and reparability, Size, Weight and Power (SWaP), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) requirements. AIS MIL-STD and MIL-SPEC compact ruggedized touch computers and displays are designed, manufactured and qualified to pass MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461. All units are tested for drop-shock, moisture, dust and vibration resistance and temperature extremes for military, aerospace and government applications.
“Increased standardization with COTS solution is a critical component for reduction of overall system development and costs,” said Nelson Tsay, President, AIS. “Through the AIS COTS rugged touch computers and displays, DoD and its prime contractors can achieve commonality, reliability, total cost of ownership, and similar defense-related objectives. AIS rugged panel computers provide an easy-to-use interface and advanced functionalities that improve operator productivity by enabling effective visualization of in-vehicle operations and efficient controls. ”
Shipboard, Airborne and Land-based Defense Applications
AIS Military Vehicle Panel PC’s are rugged COTS displays integrated with an embedded Intel® Atom™ processor for high reliability applications requiring MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461 environmental engineering compliance for extreme temperatures, shock/vibration, and ingress protection for military vehicle applications.
The AIS rugged embedded touch panel PC’s and monitors provide an easy-to-use interface and advanced functionalities that improve operator productivity by enabling effective visualization of in-vehicle operations and efficient controls. Additional options such as sunlight readable Transflective films touch screens, wide voltage range boards, wide temperature range modules, and shock/vibration enhancements are among the enhancement technologies available for systems to meet your exact application requirements.
The pre-designed Military Off-The-Shelf (MOTS) rugged operator terminals and displays provide a cost effective control interface which is easily integrated to new and existing installations, reducing time to market and increasing competitiveness in a market where service, availability, reliability, and technology are paramount.
Military and Marine Technology
- Military Standard MIL-STD-810: Tested to the MIL-STD-810 standard methodology for a range of extreme conditions including drops, shocks, vibration, humidity, altitude, rain, dust and sand-resistance, temperature extremes and thermal shock
- Military Standard MIL-STD-461: Tested to the MIL-STD-461 standard methodology for EMI and EMC
- Maritime Environment Standard: Tested to the DNV standard methodology for a range of extreme conditions including temperature, humidity, vibration, EMC compatibility and enclosures
- Environmental ratings for enclosures based on NEMA 4, 4X, IP65, IP67 Type designations: To provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, snow, windblown dust, splashing water, hose-directed water, and corrosion
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification Registration: 74-300-3371
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Registered: Registrant Code M30909
- Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number: DUNS #: 783650208
- Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGE): CAGE Code: 52HW8
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) NAICS Code: 334419
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Registered
- Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) Registered
- Small Business Designation
- AIS IS NOT A Labor Surplus Area Concern
- AIS IS NOT Listed On The EPA List Of Violating Facilities
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty military embedded computing, industrial panel pc and industrial display solutions for customers in the Government, Aerospace, and Defense, Building Automation, Chemical and Petrochemical, Food and Beverage, Oil and Gas, Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, Pulp and Paper, Solar Power, Utilities, Water and Waste Water, Wind Power markets. AIS specialize in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. Whether your vision involves off-the-shelf displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS can supply the experience, technology, and resources needed in building it right and getting you to market first. For additional information on AIS products and services, please call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50431742&lang=en