|By Business Wire||
|October 22, 2012 05:00 AM EDT||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Comptel Policy Control has won a Communications Technology Platinum Award for the second year running. The product was recognised as the broadband industry’s most innovative “Network Policy Control Solution” for its analytics-driven capabilities, and honoured for its ease of deployment and successful implementations.
Comptel Policy Control offers communications service providers (CSPs) a way to regulate and optimise the whole customer experience, including what is delivered, how and at what price, in a way that is highly responsive to today’s dynamic market conditions and within the constraints of their service networks. Operators can maximise their revenue potential, while controlling costs and maintaining a balance between keeping customers happy, reducing churn, increasing the amount customers are willing to spend, and managing scarce resources and capacity.
- The second annual Communications Technology Platinum Awards program celebrates excellence in technology innovation, implementation and PR/marketing in the highly competitive and dynamic broadband communications technology arena. Winners were honoured at an awards breakfast on 17 October 2012 in Orlando, Florida in conjunction with the 2012 SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.
- Comptel Policy Control gives CSPs the levers they need to transform their technology investments into profitable new business—it is helping them to combine sophisticated charging rules for multi-vendor 3G, LTE, WiMAX, fixed and cable networks with the real-time application of network and business policy. Based on the proven Comptel Control and Charge platform, it offers a number of solutions, including Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Fair Usage Control, End-to-End Policy Management with Intelligent Congestion Control, Roaming Cost Control and Analytics-Driven Policy Management.
- Comptel’s policy control and charging capabilities are helping more than a dozen CSPs worldwide optimise the customer experience. For instance, a European operator quelled subscribers’ concerns about exceeding their data usage by using the product to offer balance alerts via SMS and empower customers to manage their spending in real time.
- “There’s a clear shift of thinking in the market about the requirement set for policy control solutions. With CSPs focused on the concept of customer experience management, Comptel believes that analytics combined with policy control, as well as charging, capabilities is of utmost importance. These will help deliver richer, personalised service offerings, which are critical for retaining customers, fostering new revenue and upsell opportunities, and remaining competitive in the market,” said Mr. Antti Koskela, senior vice president, products and solutions, Comptel. “We are honoured to be recognised once again for helping operators to optimise their business performance with Comptel Policy Control.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions, including its policy control offering.
- Additional information on Comptel’s other industry recognitions is available.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, customer engagement, Comptel Policy Control, policy control, analytics, Communications Technology Platinum Awards, communications service providers, broadband, mobile, charging, PCRF
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.