|By PR Newswire||
|October 23, 2012 06:52 PM EDT||
BARUERI, Brazil, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (Bovespa: CIEL3 / OTC: CIOXY) announces today its results for the third quarter of 2012. The Company's consolidated financial statements are presented in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and in accordance with the accounting practices adopted in Brazil.
- Transaction financial volume under the market criterion totaled R$96.3 billion, up 19.5% or R$15.7 billion year-on-year; under the accounting criterion, the volume was R$95.8 billion, up 20.0% year-on-year;
- Total revenues (net operating + prepayment of receivables) totaled R$1.6 billion, up 28.1% or R$340.7 million year-on-year and 5.5% or R$81.5 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA of R$782.5 million, up 32.1% or R$190.2 million year-on-year and 11.0% or R$77.4 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA margin at 58.5%, up 2.4 p.p. year-on-year and up 2.6 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$588.9 million, up 28.7% or R$75.7 million year-on-year and 7.3% or R$40.0 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's adjusted net income margin at 38.0%, up 0.2 p.p. year-on-year and 0.7 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo concluded the acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of U.S. company Merchant e-Solutions (MeS), a global provider of payment solutions, reinforcing its strategy of differentiation;
- Cielo wins the "Best and Biggest" award from Exame magazine for the sixth consecutive year as the best service industry company. The Company was also chosen for the twelfth consecutive year as one of the "Best Companies To Work For" by the guide in Voce S/A magazine, and was also awarded best financial services company in the Epoca Negocios 360o Annual Report from Epoca Negocios magazine. Cielo was also recognized as the best financial services company in the " As 1000 melhores da Dinheiro 2012" ranking from Istoe Dinheiro magazine. Additionally, Cielo achieved the top spot in the Institutional Investor Magazine general ranking in: Best IR Team, Best CEO, Bet CFO and Best IR Professional in the Financials ex-Banks sector according to both the buy-side and the sell-side in Latin America.
Click on the link below to open the earnings release:
3Q12 Earnings Conference Call
October 24, 2012
09:30 a.m. (NY) | 11:30 a.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +1 786 924-6977
08:00 a.m. (NY) | 10:00 a.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +55 11 4688 6361
Investor Relations Director
+55 11 2596 1735
SOURCE Cielo S.A.