|By PR Newswire||
|October 25, 2012 07:55 AM EDT|
FRANKFURT, Germany, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 2e Systems, the dynamic and innovative provider of airline online and mobile solutions, are pleased to announce the latest upgrade to the eeCrewConnect platform for JetBlue Airways. The platform offers a range of new features that significantly improves communication to pilots and cabin crew in the event of operational disruptions, as well as improving overall day-to-day efficiency. The platform uses SMS and e-mail dynamically to ensure the airline crews are kept informed in real-time about changes that affect them.
Working on top of existing crew scheduling, HR and operations systems, eeCrewConnect contacts crew members automatically after rescheduling has taken place. It tracks acknowledgements, resends information and/or escalates in case the crew member cannot be reached within a predefined timeframe.
The innovative mobile platform, which was originally designed and implemented by 2e Systems for JetBlue Airways over 2 years ago, has just launched the following additional functionalities:
- Incoming acknowledgements via SMS and e-mail fed directly back into JetBlue's Crew Roster system
- Check-in reminders for crew members, also allowing them to check-in while on-the-go via SMS or other channels
- Commuter Status module, that allows Crew Control to manage crew members on active and commuter availability for re-planning and positioning
- Notifications for hotel ground transportation and day-rooms
- Ad-hoc SMS and e-mail notifications to crew members for any reason, operational or otherwise
- Flight cancellation messaging that informs crew members about estimated re-scheduling deadlines to reduce calls and interruptions to Crew Control who are busy re-scheduling
- Enhancements to eeManager Administration portal that allows Crew Control to manage and keep an overview of all operations, showing clearly where action is required and tracking incoming acknowledgements from the crew members
"Keeping our crew members up to date on their assignments, as well as changes to their schedules remains a priority for us," says David Fuller, director SOC transformation management at JetBlue Airways. "The platform provided by 2e Systems continues to afford us the capability to manage one-to-one communication with each crew member; even during high load periods caused by inclement weather and airport closures."
SOURCE 2e Systems GmbH