|By Bob Gourley||
|October 25, 2012 04:43 PM EDT||
- Federal News Radio has released their “Cybersecurity Rising” report which includes the top cybersecurity accomplishments of the 2006-2012 - this report has polled cybersecurity experts on the top accomplishments. These include network security and public-private partnerships. Via Federal News Radio, more here.
- GD’s TNE Cyber Security Capability approved for classified networks on Red Hat Linux - The Trusted Network Environment provides a one-window interface reducing navigation complexity in multi-domain environments. It can allow users to share between military and government in many places. Via Herald Online, more here.
- Thieves Hack Barnes and Noble POS Terminals in 63 Stores - 63 stores (out of 700) have been identified with POS tampering systems that are clearly the result of cybercrime in a very organized fashion. That said, neither their database nor their online purchasing options have been breached. Via Engadget, more here.
- It’s my way or the Huawei - here is an executive summary of the larger article by the same title which discusses the ramifications of national security and globally sourcing network equipment. Via Unified Communications Strategies, more here.
- Former OMB Officials Push for Cybersecurity Workaround - a report from the Center for Strategic and International Studies suggests OMB take action “to direct agencies to reallocate resources dedicated to cybersecurity.” It suggests that limiting reports (some of which are required by FISMA) could save time and money. Via Federal Times, more here.