|By Business Wire||
|October 26, 2012 07:04 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4gpgwl/the_global_market) has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Nanocellulose to 2017" report to their offering.
Despite being the most available natural polymer on earth, it is only recently that cellulose has gained prominence as a nanostructured material, in the form of cellulose nanocrystals (CNC) and micro/nanofibrillar cellulose (MFC/NFC). There are now a number of producers, from SMEs to multi-national companies, and production volumes will increase to over 300 tons per annum over the next year and over 3000 tons per annum by 2016. Nanocellulose is being developed for applications in composites, construction materials, porous materials, fibre web structures (e.g. paper and board), coatings, functional surfaces and functional additives (e.g. rheological modifiers). There will be high-volume applications in composites, textiles, paints and adhesives and niche applications in biomedical materials. Its biodegradability is important when the current environmental, societal and political issues regarding the development of innovative, sustainable and recyclable materials.
This Fully Updated and Revised Report Includes:
- Technology description and production methods
- Market structure, supply chain, patenting and publications
- Production volumes, total, forecasted and by producer
- Markets for nanocellulose, including composites, electronics, construction, paper and pulp, filtration, medicine and life sciences, paints, films, coatings, rheological modifiers, aerogels and oil industry
- Commercialization timelines to 2017, by market
- Producer, research centre and application developer profiles
Key Topics Covered:
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 NANOCELLULOSE OVERVIEW
4 MARKET STRUCTURE
5 SUPPLY CHAIN
6 NANOCELLULOSE PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
7 NANOCELLULOSE PRODUCTION VOLUMES
8 MARKETS AND APPLICATIONS
9 PRODUCER AND RESEARCH GROUP PROFILES
- Alberta Innovates-Technology
- BioVision Technology, Inc.
- Borregaard Chemcell
- Cellucomp Ltd.
- Daicel Chemical Ltd.
- Finnish Centre for Nanocellulosic Technologies
- FP Innovations
- Green Core Composites
- Innventia AB
- J. Rettenmaier & Sohne GmbH
- Jenpolymers Ltd.
- Nippon Paper
- Oji Paper
- Polybio, Inc.
- Stora Enso Ltd
- US Forestry Service Products Laboratory
- US Forestry Service/University of Maine
- UPM-Kymmene Ltd.
- Verso Paper
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4gpgwl/the_global_market