|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 02:29 PM EDT||
Molex Incorporated reinforced its commitment to innovative medical electronics with the expansion of its suite of MediSpec™ interconnect technologies and the recent acquisition of Affinity Medical Technologies, LLC. A subsidiary of Molex, Affinity Medical specializes in customized interconnects for next-generation healthcare devices. Molex booth 1344 will highlight electronic innovations for the medical industry at MD&M, October 31-November 1, Minneapolis, MN.
“Molex is committed to developing technologies that directly serve medical device manufacturers seeking design flexibility and product efficiency, which ultimately mean better patient care,” said Anthony Kalaijakis, medical strategic marketing manager, Molex. “As a leader in the convergence of electronic product integration into medical applications, we have doubled down on efforts to advance development of technologies for patient monitoring, minimally invasive surgery, medication delivery and other highly specialized healthcare needs.”
In addition to Affinity Medical Technologies, the Molex booth will feature the recently released MediSpec Micro-Miniature Coiling (MMC). Designed for device designers in cardiac rhythm management, pacemakers and defibrillators, as well as implantable neurological pain management and stimulation, MMC technology features a continuous length coil enabling extrusion of micro gauge (50 to 26 AWG class) wire at virtually infinite lengths.
Other Molex products on display at MD&M Minneapolis include:
- Capacitive Fluid Level Sensors: Ensuring precise fluid-level measurements and lower set-up costs, fluid level sensors easily mount to the outside of medical IV bags. The sensor includes customized embedded software which can be configured for auto-calibration or manual calibration to maximize the accuracy.
- MediSpec™ Hybrid Circular MT Cable and Receptacle System: An integrated optical and electrical solution that reduces the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices.
- MediSpec™ Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Connector System: Featuring the world-class LFH™ (low force helix) contact design, the products provide a high-performance and affordable alternative to typical medical circular connectors.
- MediSpec™ Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) Capabilities: Combines the versatility of the two-shot molding process and the speed and precision of LDS capabilities helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- Mini-Fit® Plus High-Mating Cycle: Achieves the greatest durability and current per circuit available today for mid-range power applications without increasing design dimensions.
- Fiber Optic Product Families: As a leading supplier of advanced fiber optic solutions, Molex offers a broad range of high-density products including interconnects and adapters, assemblies, backplanes and more.
- Copper Flexible Circuit Products: The products provide high-signal frequency and flexibility for advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
- Capacitive Switches: Includes both integrated and custom solutions to provide unlimited possibilities for the medical industry.
- Polymicro Technologies (a subsidiary of Molex): Multiple medical applications are available from the world’s leading supplier of silica capillary tubing and specialty optical fibers, optical fiber and capillary assemblies, discrete micro components and quartz optical fiber ferrules.
For more information please visit www.molex.com/industry/medical.html. To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at http://www.molex.com/link/register.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is http://www.molex.com. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/molexconnectors, watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at http://www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated.
Samsung VP Jacopo Lenzi, who headed the company's recent SmartThings acquisition under the auspices of Samsung's Open Innovaction Center (OIC), answered a few questions we had about the deal. This interview was in conjunction with our interview with SmartThings CEO Alex Hawkinson. IoT Journal: SmartThings was developed in an open, standards-agnostic platform, and will now be part of Samsung's Ope...
Oct. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,733
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an In...
Oct. 25, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,744
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud...
Oct. 25, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,862
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, will focus on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,743
StackIQ offers a comprehensive software suite that automates the deployment, provisioning, and management of Big Infrastructure. With StackIQ’s software, you can spin up fully configured big data clusters, quickly and consistently — from bare-metal up to the applications layer — and manage them efficiently. Our software’s modular architecture allows customers to integrate nearly any application wi...
Oct. 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,796
As Platform as a Service (PaaS) matures as a category, developers should have the ability to use the programming language of their choice to build applications and have access to a wide array of services. Bluemix is IBM's open cloud development platform that enables users to easily build cloud-based, creative mobile and web applications without having to spend large amounts of time and resources o...
Oct. 25, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, will discuss how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will nee...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,469
When you set off to build an app that will change the world, designing your system architecture to be reliable and scalable is important but the stark reality is that, for your MVP, you probably had a “need for speed” (of development). You didn’t know what all the axes were to scale your application, where your stress points would be, and what weird and wonderful ways your customers would use it d...
Oct. 24, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,292
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,555
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, ...
Oct. 23, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,755