|By PR Newswire||
|November 2, 2012 08:21 AM EDT||
PARIS, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Organised by Reed MIDEM, a division of Reed Exhibitions, MIPIM Asia, the world's property market in Asia Pacific, opens for business on November 7, in Hong Kong. On the eve of the seventh edition of the event, its Director Filippo REAN comments: "We're expecting around 2,000 real estate professionals to gather and connect for these three intensive days, representing 860 companies from 40 countries, including 450 investors and end-users, 200 retailers, 160 top industry speakers and key political leaders. Our new Investment and Retail Summits have been successful in attracting an increasing number of participants from Asian countries, with important delegations from Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and the Philippines."
It's a great honour for MIPIM Asia to welcome The Honourable C Y LEUNG, GBM, GBS, JP, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, who has agreed to deliver the Welcome Keynote Speech at the official Opening Ceremony, on Wednesday 7 November at 9:00 in the Chancellor Room of the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Among the key personalities who will speak at MIPIM Asia 2012:
- Robert TERCEK, Founder of General Creativity Consulting and Chairman of Creative Visions Foundation, will give a Keynote Address on "Inventing the future of retail," exploring the impact of new technologies (mobile and social media) on the shopping experience and how it challenges the prospects of retail models.
(Investment Summit – Wednesday 7 November at 11:30 – Ruby Room)
- Frank KHOO, Global Head of Asia, Axa Real Estate, will address the hot topic of "Asian capital markets: flowing in versus flowing out," explaining the gap between capital raised and capital deployed, the distinction between funds, conglomerates and developers, as well as the trend in Asia, in Europe and in the US.
(Investment Summit – Wednesday 7 November at 11:30 – Pearl Room)
- Kar Kan LING, Head of Energizing Kowloon East Office, and Huang MAOJUN, Deputy Director General of Chongqing Administration of Land, Resources and Housing, Director of Chongqing Land Group, and Member of Advisory Committee of Ministry of Land and Resources Legal Affairs Centre, will speak for the Public sector in a Keynote Address entitled: "Create your green & sustainable city of the future."
(Investment Summit – Wednesday 7 November at 14:00 – Pearl Room)
- Dr. Yuwa HEDRICK-WONG, Distinguished Professor of International Business at the University of British Columbia and Global Economic Advisor, will share his macro-analysis of "Wealth Creation in the New Global Economy: Implications for Property Markets in Asia" in the current context of anaemic growth in the US and persistent crisis in Europe.
(Thursday 8 November at 9:30 – Pearl Room)
- Henry CHENG, CEO, Chongbang Development Limited, and Richard DAVID, CEO, Treasury China Trust, will speak about "Asset management for retail malls: creative solutions & tactics" including risk mitigation for turnover rents, traffic management, e-commerce advancements and connection with consumers.
(Retail Summit – Wednesday 7 November at 14:00 – Ruby Room)
- Carmine ROTONDARO, Worldwide Real Estate Director of PPR Group, and John DEVINE, President – Director of Subway Real Estate, will share a Keynote Address on "A retail success story" providing insight into the evolution of their respective brands.
(Retail Summit – Thursday 8 November at 14:00 – Ruby Room)
Leading companies represented at MIPIM Asia 2012 include:
- Developers and public authorities: CapitaMalls Asia, Chongbang Group, Hong Kong SAR, Inter-Ikea, Jeollanam-Do Provincial Government, Malaysia Property Inc., Taubman, Tianjin Innovative Finance Investment Co., Treasury China Trust
- Investors and Limited Partners: APG, CPP Investment Board, First Swedish National Pension Fund (AP1), GE Asset Management, Generali Immobiliare, GIC Real Estate, Kuwait Finance House, Washington State Investment Board, Ping An Trust, The Townsend Group, Tokio Marine, Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Retailing brands: Adidas, C&A, Celio, Cartier, Casino, Gap, Geox, Godiva, Gucci, Desigual, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Metro Cash & Carry, LVMH Moet Hennessy, Pacific Coffey Company, Prada, Sephora, Subway, Triumph, Versace, Walt Disney
MIPIM Asia 2012 proposes a full schedule of learning and networking formats, including the following must-attend events:
- MIPIM Asia Opening Cocktail, sponsored by the Benoy architect company which is taking the opportunity of MIPIM Asia to celebrate its 10th year of presence in Asia.
(Wednesday 7 November at 18:00 – Chancellor Room, HKCEC)
- MIPIM Asia Awards Gala Dinner, ranking the 30 winners selected by an expert-led international jury chaired by Vincent H.S. LO, Chairman of Shui On Group. Link to the awards pages on the website
(Thursday 8 November at 18:30 – Grand Ballroom, Grand Hyatt Hotel)
- MIPIM Asia final press conference, offering a review of the market by its Director Filippo REAN.
(Friday 9 November at 14:30 – S430, HKCEC)
For more information on the full schedule of events, please click here.
To participate in MIPIM Asia next week, don't forget to register as press here.
To review all the information available on MIPIM Asia 2012, please click here.
Notes for editors
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors. Reed MIDEM belongs to Reed Exhibitions, which is the world's leading event organiser, with over 500 events held in 39 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organised by 33 fully staffed offices.
MIPIM Asia® is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM