|By PR Newswire||
|November 2, 2012 12:46 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Societe Generale announces it will donate $200,000 divided equally between the American Red Cross and The Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City to support these organizations as they provide essential relief to the communities that have sustained crippling damage from Hurricane Sandy.
Societe Generale also announces it will match dollar for dollar employee donations designated to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
"Our thoughts are with all those who have been devastated by Hurricane Sandy," said Craig Overlander, CEO for Societe Generale in the Americas. "In the aftermath of this tragedy and as part of the local community, we feel it is our privilege and duty to support, along with our employees, the work the Red Cross and The Mayor's Fund are doing to help those people and communities most affected by this disaster."
Frederic Oudea, Chairman and CEO of Societe Generale Group, added, "Foreseeing the difficult challenges ahead, we recognize the critical role these important relief organizations will play in returning the impacted areas and its inhabitants to normalcy. Our hearts and prayers are with those that are suffering as a result of this tragedy."
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Its 160,000 employees based in 77 countries accompany more than 33 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Societe Generale' teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama
- International retail banking, with a presence in Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, in the Mediterranean basin, in Sub-Saharan Africa, in Asia and in the French Overseas Territories
- Corporate and investment banking with a global expertise in investment banking, financing and global markets.
Societe Generale is also a significant player in specialised financing and insurance, private banking, asset management and securities services.
Societe Generale is included in the socially-responsible investment indices: FTSE4Good and ASPI.
For more information, you can follow us on twitter @SocieteGenerale or visit our website www.societegenerale.com.
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
At the core of Societe Generale's universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well-diversified and leading player with nearly 12,000 professionals present in 33 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank tailors solutions for them by capitalising on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions and public sector: providing a global advisory approach (M&A, debt, equity transaction, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as quality capital raising solutions across the debt and equity spectrum, optimised financing and expert risk management responses notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates derivatives.
- For investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated global markets platform delivering seamless access to markets (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice and solid financial engineering, quality of execution and forward looking research across asset classes.
SOURCE Societe Generale