|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 02:43 PM EST||
BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Gauguin Cruises (www.pgcruises.com), operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, and the 90-guest m/v Tere Moana, reveals shore excursion options for guests on 7-night Caribbean and 13- and 14-night Panama Canal voyages aboard The Moana.
With options to suit most interests, guests can discover the beauty, rich history, and culture on a variety of shore excursions on Caribbean and Panama Canal itineraries. Guests can pre-reserve standard shore excursions and enjoy each with no more than 13 fellow travelers. For a more intimate experience, pre-paid tours are also offered for two to six guests which include private transportation with a personal driver/guide.
The Moana's Caribbean voyages cruise roundtrip from St. Martin, F.W.I. and visit Tortola, B.V.I.; Jost Van Dyke, B.V.I.; Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis; Les Saintes, F.W.I.; and St. Barts, F.W.I. Eight departures are offered: December 29, 2012; March 9, 16, and 23; November 30; and December 7, 14, and 21, 2013, with cruise fares starting at $2,595 per person.
Shore excursion options for Caribbean voyages include:
- Tortola, B.V.I.: Dolphin Royal Swim; Certified SCUBA; and Eco-Snorkel & Kayaking
- Jost Van Dyke, B.V.I.: Hike & Beach Tour; and Certified SCUBA
- Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.: Best of Virgin Gorda; Baths Tour; and Certified SCUBA
- Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis: Day at the Beach; Best of St. Kitts—Full Island Tour; Best of St. Kitts—Full Island Private Tour*; Private Yacht Tour*; and Private SCUBA Diving Tour*
- St. Barts, F.W.I.: St. Barts Island Tour; Yellow Submarine Tour; ATV Adventure; BLUE CAT Snorkeling Tour; and BLUE CAT Snorkeling & One-Tank Dive Tour
The Moana's Panama Canal voyages cruise between St. Martin, F.W.I., and Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, and visit St. Barts, F.W.I.; English Harbour, Antigua; Les Saintes, F.W.I.; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curaçao; Cartagena, Colombia (overnight); Panama Canal (transit); Isla de Coiba, Panama†; and Corcovado National Park (Marenco), Costa Rica. Two departures are offered: January 5 and February 24, 2013, with cruise fares starting at $4,995 per person.
Shore excursion options for Panama Canal voyages include:
- Marenco, Costa Rica: Corcovado National Park Hiking Tour; Horseback Riding to the Last Frontier; and Marine Wildlife Safari
- Cartagena, Colombia: Cartagena City Tour; Rumba Tour by Chiva Bus; and La Boquilla Mangrove Canoe Tour & Cartagena City Walk
- English Harbour, Antigua: Beach Deluxe Tour; Antiguan Crusoe Island Tour; Golf in Antigua; Segway Tour; Yacht Racing; and Antiguan Canopy Tour
- Oranjestad, Aruba: The Best of Aruba; and Aruba's Treasures
- Willemstad, Curaçao: Willemstad Walking Tour; Jewish Heritage Tour; and Curaçao Sea Aquarium Tour
For a complete list of shore excursions, descriptions, and rates, please visit www.pgcruises.com/excursions. Shore excursions can be pre-reserved by calling Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172.
Guests of The Moana can also arrange private tours and services, customized to their needs and travel budgets with Paul Gauguin Personalized Services (PGPS) by calling 800-305-5416 or by emailing PGPS@pgcruises.com. With hundreds of options to choose from, PGPS can coordinate air travel, accommodations, customized and private tours, and transfer packages for Moana guests.
*Shore excursions that must be purchased in advance of voyage.
†13-night itinerary operates in reverse and does not visit Isla de Coiba, Panama.
About Paul Gauguin Cruises
Owned by Pacific Beachcomber S.C., French Polynesia's leading luxury hotel and cruise operator, Paul Gauguin Cruises operates the 5+-star cruise ship m/s Paul Gauguin, providing a deluxe cruise experience tailored to the unparalleled wonders of Tahiti, French Polynesia, and the South Pacific. The Gauguin was built at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard in Saint Nazaire, France. The ship, 513 feet long and 71 feet wide, has a draft of 16.9 feet, and can accommodate 332 guests with a staff of 217. It is one of the top Exclusive Charter and Incentive Group venues in the industry and has completed more than 570 South Pacific cruises, serving more than 176,250 guests, including more than 15,000 honeymooners, since its inaugural sail in 1998. The Gauguin has undergone more than $25 million in enhancements, with an additional $7 million completed in January 2012. The Gauguin received second place for small-ship cruise lines in Travel + Leisure's "2012 World's Best Awards" and was recognized as one of the "Top 20 Small Cruise Ships" by readers of Condé Nast Traveler for the 14th year in 2012.
The cruise line's second ship, the m/v Tere Moana, will begin sailing under the Paul Gauguin Cruises banner in December 2012 after completing a multifaceted renovation. The ship, which will sail Europe, the Caribbean, and Latin America, is 330 feet long and 46 feet wide, has a draft of 11.5 feet, and can accommodate 90 guests with a staff of 60.
For additional information on Paul Gauguin Cruises, please visit www.pgcruises.com.
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Vanessa Bloy, Director of Public Relations
SOURCE Paul Gauguin Cruises