|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 05:08 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Come celebrate the launch of the new America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coin honoring Denali National Park and Preserve at the Tri-Valley Community Center in Healy, on Thursday, November 15, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. (Alaska Time). The public and media are invited to attend the free event. Following the ceremony, the public can exchange their cash for $10 rolls of newly minted Denali National Park and Preserve quarters at face value.
WHAT: Denali National Park and Preserve Quarter Launch and Coin Exchange
WHO: David Croft, Plant Manager, United States Mint at Denver
Jeff Mow, Acting Superintendent, Denali National Park and Preserve
Elwood Lynn, Assistant Superintendent for Operations, Denali National Park and Preserve
Jane Bryant, Historian, Denali National Park and Preserve
WHEN: Thursday, November 15, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. (Alaska Time)
WHERE: Tri-Valley Community Center
.5 Mile Healy Spur Road
Healy, AK 99743
The evening before the launch ceremony — 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 14, 2012 — the United States Mint will host a coin forum. The forum provides an opportunity for the public to express their views about future coinage, and to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives. The coin forum will be held at the Tri-Valley Community Library, 400 Suntrana Road, Healy, AK, 98743.
The America the Beautiful Quarters Program, authorized by Public Law 110-456, is a multi-year initiative to honor 56 national parks and other national sites. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverse (tails side) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint will issue these quarters in the order in which the honored site was first established as a national site.
- A digital image of the Denali National Park and Preserve Quarter is available at http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=photo#AmericaTheBeautiful.
- Additional information about the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program is available at http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/.
- For information about the United States Mint, please visit http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/.
- To subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, visit http://www.usmint.gov/email/?action=newsletters.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE United States Mint