|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 01:26 AM EST||
BOSTON, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of a worldwide program, today Zagat announced its first-ever Boston 30 Under 30 Awards. Compiled by Zagat's editorial team, the winners spotlight up-and-coming chefs, managers, beverage directors, patissieres and even a chief cheese griller, all under the age of 30. The list of honorees were celebrated last night with a cocktail party at the Boston Public Library. Over the past year, similar 30 Under 30 awards have been held in New York, London, Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago.
"These awards are meant to recognize the next generation of Boston culinary professionals who are expected to lead the industry in the future," said Tim Zagat, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Zagat. "We award not only the top young chefs, but also professionals from the front of the house, since all of these people are vital to the success of the industry."
Zagat's 2012 Boston 30 Under 30 Honorees are the following:
- Jessie Banhazl, Owner/Managing Director, Green City Growers (28)
- Marley Brush, Co-Owner, Crema Cafe (29)
- Brahm Callahan, Wine Director, Grill 23 & Bar, Post 390 (28)
- Patrick Cassidy, Former Bar Manager, Saloon (26)
- Christopher Coombs, Executive Chef, dbar; Owner/Exec. Chef, Deuxave (28)
- John Paul daSilva, Executive Chef, Spoke Wine Bar (28)
- Joey DePasquale, Vice President, DePasquale Ventures (21)
- Meredith Devinney, General Manager, Menton (26)
- James DiSabatino, Founder and Chief Cheese Griller, Roxy's Grilled Cheese
- Selena Donovan, Restaurant Manager, Towne Stove & Spirits (26)
- Patrick Gaggiano, General Manager, Trina's Starlite Lounge and Parlor Sports (25)
- Robert Grant, Executive Chef, The Blue Room and Belly Wine Bar (27)
- Shore Gregory, President, Island Creek Oysters (28)
- Kurt Gurdal, General Manager, Formaggio Kitchen (29)
- Jeremy Kean and Philip Kruta, Chefs/Owners, Whisk (Jeremy, 26; Philip, 23)
- Jason Kilgore, Beverage Manager, Catalyst (27)
- Katie Kimble, Pastry Chef, Area Four (28)
- Kristen Kish, Chef de Cuisine, Stir (28)
- Hilary Koloski, Owner & Chief Baking Officer, Cow & Crumb Baking Company (27)
- Tim Maslow, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Strip-T's (28)
- Heather Mojer, Bartender and Front of House Manager, Hungry Mother (29)
- Samuel Monsour, Executive Chef, JM Curley (29)
- Helder Pimentel, Founder and President, Backlash Beer Company (28)
- Daniel Raia, Chef de Cuisine, Sweet Cheeks Q (28)
- Marcos Sanchez, Executive Chef, Tres Gatos (29)
- Shaun Brian Sells, Executive Chef, Harbor View Hotel (28)
- Mike Smith, Chef de Cuisine, Toro (29)
- Fernanda Tapia, Chef de Cuisine, 51 Lincoln (28)
- Josh Taylor, Bar Manager, West Bridge (29)
- Sam Treadway, Bar Manager and Co-Owner, Backbar (28)
Zagat is known as the "burgundy bible" and is a trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories, published on all platforms. Zagat content is integrated throughout Google, including Maps, Search, Google+ and mobile. Guidebooks are also available at all major booksellers. In September 2011, Zagat was acquired by Google Inc.
About Google Inc.:
Google is a global technology leader focused on improving the ways people connect with information. Google's innovations in web search and advertising have made its website a top Internet property and its brand one of the most recognized in the world.
Google and Zagat are trademarks of Google Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,176
SYS-CON Events announced today that SOA Software, an API management leader, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SOA Software is a leading provider of API Management and SOA Governance products that equip business to deliver APIs and SOA together to drive their company to mee...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,100
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 985
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 868
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 971
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,100
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,229
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / ...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596