|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 05:02 AM EST||
HONG KONG, November 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Morgan McKinley today announces the release of hiring reports in Hong Kong, Singapore and China covering multiple industry sectors and job functions, including financial services & banking as well as commerce & industry: IT, human resources and sales & marketing.
Each report contains analysis and market forecasts based on a survey of over 700 operational and hiring managers asked about their expectations for hiring and employment over the next six to 12 months. Each report draws comparisons among the three markets and provides analysis and trends for hiring in each geography into 2013.
Financial Services highlights
- In Singapore, just over two-thirds anticipate that the global economy will affect Asia-Pacific as a growth market, whilst in Hong Kong 57% held the same view
- In the next six months, 72% expect to hire in Hong Kong and Singapore, whilst in China only 29% expect to hire new staff
- In Hong Kong 11% think that hiring will rise in the next six to 12 months, whilst 22% said the same in Singapore and one-third forecast a rise in hiring in China
- In Hong Kong and China, talent retention is the most significant issue for hiring managers, while in Singapore, talent attraction is seen as a greater concern
- Headcount restrictions will significantly affect volumes of hiring across all three markets.
Commerce & Industry highlights
- Global uncertainty will affect hiring in Asia-Pacific according to 44% in Singapore and 59% in Asia-Pacific
- In Hong Kong, one-third will hire with no corresponding job losses and this increases to 47% in Singapore and China
- Hiring managers in China are the most positive with 48% forecasting that hiring will rise in the next 12 months, compared with 36% in Singapore and 28% in Hong Kong
- Talent retention will be the greatest challenge for managers handling personnel issues across all three geographies.
To download the full reports please visit our website http://www.morganmckinley.com or follow these links:
Notes to editors:
About Morgan McKinley
Morgan McKinley is a global professional services recruiter connecting specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines.
With offices across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, Morgan McKinley's professional recruitment expertise spans across banking & financial services, commerce & industry and professional services. Morgan McKinley is a preferred supplier to many of the major employers in its specialist sectors, as well as thousands of smaller local employers.
Morgan McKinley is a fully owned subsidiary of Premier Group which was recently named in the 50 Best Small and Medium Workplaces in Europe by the Great Places to Work Institute in 2012.
Further press information:
Alternatively, please contact Aimee Carmichael at Morgan McKinley Group Press Office on +44(0)207-092-0017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org